996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

996 Extended-Length Lug Bolt Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 12:21 PM
996_911C2_Dhru is on a distinguished road
996 Extended-Length Lug Bolt Question

Hey guys - I just picked up a set of rear wheel spacers (H&R 15mm) and need to purchase extended lug bolts. Based on my search results I see the originals are 45mm long, thus I need 45+15 or 60mm lug bolts. Is ECS the best option for getting them? They are about $5/each shipped. Does anyone know if Porsche used other sizes for a 996 C2 rear lug bolt other than 45mm? Was thinking it might vary based on what type of stock wheels you have. Mine is a 2002 911 C2, with lightweight wheels as pictured below. Is it a bad idea to do only rear spacers? Will it upset the handling much? Thanks everyone.

This the right product for the car below after adding 15mm spacers?
http://www.ecstuning.com/Porsche-200...uts/ES2588142/

Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2013, 02:13 PM
phantom works is on a distinguished road
I personally went with the GSR stud kit which gives you a completely threaded stud and get's rid of the annoying Bolt set-up.
The studs also let's you go with a wider spacer if you so choose.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:13 PM
perryinva is on a distinguished road
It will definitely change your turn in with rear only spacers. I wouldn't track it with just rear spacers, but for everyday driving, likely just fine. I did 7mm all around on mine, to keep the aspect proportions the same, which was Porsches recommendation, though they only recommend 5mm. The FVDs I got came with the right bolts, so can't help you on that. I have the same car & wheels, but mine sits on PSS9s, so looks like this.

Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2013, 04:32 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
As already stated, I've never purchased spacers that weren't ready to install on arrival - and I wouldn't. They should come complete.

Old 09-06-2013, 05:41 PM
996_911C2_Dhru is on a distinguished road
Thanks everyone for your replies. I called H&R as well as ECS and confirmed the ones I linked are correct. The H&R kit for a 996 doesn't come with the extended bolts but advises you that you will need to buy new ones. I believe most people are happy with H&R and don't experience any vibration etc. Hopefully this will be the case for me. Will find out once I get the new bolts.