996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Rca cable length

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
Rca cable length

I'm installing a new stereo and want to avoid having excess cable coiled about. What length of RCA cable should I get to connect a headunit in the lower console upper cubby to the amps in the frunk? One on top and one on the "firewall".

Old 09-10-2013, 07:45 PM
CBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant future
While you're at it I'd put one of these in for your sub amp.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002J226O

Old 09-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
Ok. Thank you.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:52 PM
CBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant future
Will massively help with tuning the amount of bass from song to song.

You need to use two RCA cables, one on either end of this unit. Install it somewhere you can comfortably reach it. In my H2 I pulled the dial/**** off the unit, drilled a small hole in the center console this controller could poke up through the console and then out the dial back on.

For your 996, a good spot might be inside the center console's cigarette lighter tray.

Turn the dial to the full volume setting then set the gain on the sub amp as high as you can without clipping/distorting (at max volume).

Then you can turn the dial down to any custom gain level you need depending on the song.

Now, on the fly, you have nice subtle bass for classical music or hard driving bass for ACDC.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:26 PM
yo_clarkie is on a distinguished road
Smile

Originally Posted by Whereitsat
I'm installing a new stereo and want to avoid having excess cable coiled about. What length of RCA cable should I get to connect a headunit in the lower console upper cubby to the amps in the frunk? One on top and one on the "firewall".
2.5 Metres

Perfect length

Since they weren't in stock I bought 2 x 5M and some low profile RCA plus and had ran 3 x 2.5 m lengths. frontx2 rearx2 subx2