996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

996 c2 cab body kit to 997 TA style Precision porsche vs NR auto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 09:13 PM
stephane is on a distinguished road
996 c2 cab body kit to 997 TA style Precision porsche vs NR auto

I have a 2000 996 c2 cab Im about to pull the triger on complete body kit TA GT3 I contact Precision porsche and NR auto both seem good NR is cheaper but I want to know some of you experience before to fix my self to which vendor

thank you

Attached Images   

Last edited by stephane; 09-25-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:22 AM
pmalik is on a distinguished road
Love the front, but the back is fugly imo

Old 09-26-2013, 03:30 PM
mlandingin177 is on a distinguished road
I just purchased the 996 MK1 TA style front and GT2 wing from Precision Porsche. Fitment was spot-on. My body-shop was impressed with the craftsmanship.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:31 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
More positive reviews on Precision Porsche on a couple forums including this one. Although that body kit is not my cup of tea, I sure hope you'll be using it with at least 19s.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Why to change the wheel I have 18 eom? I dont plan on changing them as they are nice and fit with the car. I dont see them became ugly because I install a bumper kit?

I have the car since 7 years now and im bored of the look. As much as I like the porsche if I was to put 100k on a new car it will be something more exotic cause all porsche look so similar to me for most not trained eye. I want to keep all the original part and if I ever want to go back original I could. I dont really want to create a 997 I just find the kit nice to my own eyes. after finish I will wrap the car in bright orange/black or gray/black Im not fix yet on the colour but I will post picture of the evolution anyway

here is my old ride now

Attached Images  
Old 09-26-2013, 07:23 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stephane
Why to change the wheel I have 18 eom? I dont plan on changing them as they are nice and fit with the car. I dont see them became ugly because I install a bumper

IMHO, from a design perspective, the bumpers are really "heavy" looking and would need at least 19" wheels to balance out the aggressive nature of the bumpers. The wheels would also need to come out and be flush as possible with the fenders to make it cohesive with the bumpers as well.

But in the end, it's your money and as long ans you're happy, nothing else matters.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:41 PM
Spacer are on my list for sure when I finish but since you talk about it I have a question if I put them flush on the fender are they gone a not rub on the fender lip when I get a bump? For the wheel it is not in my plan as first Im not a fan of 19 inch and second I like to keep the car enjoyable to drive I live in Quebec Can. and over here the road look like Irak but if it look very ugly I will change them its no big deal

Originally Posted by alpine003
IMHO, from a design perspective, the bumpers are really "heavy" looking and would need at least 19" wheels to balance out the aggressive nature of the bumpers. The wheels would also need to come out and be flush as possible with the fenders to make it cohesive with the bumpers as well.

But in the end, it's your money and as long ans you're happy, nothing else matters.

Last edited by stephane; 09-26-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:57 PM
I really like Kevin car on the other tread about taco wing https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-cab-pics.html

Old 10-02-2013, 01:02 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, they are correct 19" do make a more aggressive look and fit with a kit on, also mine is lowered as well. Start off with your kit and see what it looks like with stock wheels.