996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

my first 996 maintenance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 06:57 AM
jacabean is on a distinguished road
my first 996 maintenance

I did my plugs, fuel filter and oil the other day . Not too bad I must say very comparable to the boxster which i have performed this task many times on . The plugs are harder than the boxster it is a tighter space for sure. I was happy to find no leaky tubes and all 997 coil packs . For the fuel filter you have to get the car up a little higher as the filter is about dead center in the car. you got to be careful with the dripping gas . The oil change was an oil change . I did change from a 0w to 5w hoping to quell some chain noise on start up but no change there . I got motor mounts this weekend and hopefully that will be it till the spring.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:51 AM
crossfire is on a distinguished road
Don't even think about it, Do the IMS UPGRADE

Old 10-31-2013, 12:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Good work! Sounds like you're getting some things done and DIYing allows you learn a little more about the car as you have.

You'll find the engine mounts to be straight forward. Here are some instructions we wrote to assist or provide another perspective as you tackle the project:
Replacing Your Engine Mounts

Congrats on your first maintenance experience with your 996!

Mark/Pelican Parts

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST