996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Window glass stuck right at the bottom

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 02:12 AM
eyeain is on a distinguished road
Window glass stuck right at the bottom

Hi
I have a 2003 996 recently i tried to jump start my car because of the dead battery.While i hooked it to battery charger and tried to start both windows dropped but motor did not turn over.I put a new battery the car started straight away,the right glass went up by pulling the door switch but left stays down and whe i use the door switch there is only a clicking sound but no movement of the glass! ..... any ideas

Old 11-11-2013, 04:46 AM
Hurdigurdiman is on a distinguished road
Make sure before you do any checking, that the battery is fully charged before attempting anything further. If still the same, it might be time to take the inside of the door off and check the window and motor workings from that view. Is something catching preventing the window from moving? Has the window come off the guide rail (if there is such a thing). Micro switches? Find where they are and test them. Good luck./

Old 11-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Hurdigurdiman
Make sure before you do any checking, that the battery is fully charged before attempting anything further. If still the same, it might be time to take the inside of the door off and check the window and motor workings from that view. Is something catching preventing the window from moving? Has the window come off the guide rail (if there is such a thing). Micro switches? Find where they are and test them. Good luck./
Thanks I will check and report.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by Hurdigurdiman
Took inside door off disconnected electric connection to motor from the car and hooked it to a separate battery window moves up down.I left it in up position and as soon as i put the normal connections back the glass rolls down and than wont go up.Any suggestions? Thanks

Old 11-23-2013, 03:40 AM
Hurdigurdiman is on a distinguished road
is that with the spare fully charged battery? If so try it again with your own fully charged battery. If it is still the same, then I think it has to be a micro switch at fault. Now it becomes a whole different kettle of fish as I believe that there are 7 micro switches inside the 996 door. If this were my car, I would take it to a Porsche dealer and let them run their special diagnosis OBD2 tester on it to find the faulty micro switch. I would buy the switch and replace it myself. You may need to do that or have them replace it for you.

Last edited by Hurdigurdiman; 11-23-2013 at 04:05 AM.