996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Porsche 996-bleed slave master cylinder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 09:41 AM
victoromel is on a distinguished road
Porsche 996-bleed slave master cylinder

I just bled my brakes and want to bleed the slave master cylinder. I have a Motive power bleeder. I have read some threads and I am not sure if I need to depress my clutch pedal as I bleed the slave cylinder or not. I was planning on connecting the power bleeder to the brake fluid reservoir, pumping up the pressure and and then just counting on the power bleeder to do its job after I opened up the bleeder line. I do not want to depress the clutch pedal if there is a chance I will get air in the line. If I do in fact need to depress the clutch pedal, what is the sequence I need to go through?

Old 11-17-2013, 06:09 PM
stjoh is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by victoromel
I just bled my brakes and want to bleed the slave master cylinder. I have a Motive power bleeder. I have read some threads and I am not sure if I need to depress my clutch pedal as I bleed the slave cylinder or not. I was planning on connecting the power bleeder to the brake fluid reservoir, pumping up the pressure and and then just counting on the power bleeder to do its job after I opened up the bleeder line. I do not want to depress the clutch pedal if there is a chance I will get air in the line. If I do in fact need to depress the clutch pedal, what is the sequence I need to go through?
No need to depress the pedal. Bleed the same way as the brake calipers (just a lot harder to get to).

Old 11-18-2013, 08:29 AM
victoromel is on a distinguished road
Thanks. I got it up on my friends lift before I received your reply and did it the regular way with the power bleeder, and then bled it some more with the clutch pedal depressed. I alternate between blue and yellow brake fuid and saw what I thought was some old fluid drain out when I had the clutch pedal depressed. Either way, I am good for awhile!