996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

996 Handgun mounting location.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:19 AM
flybye_ is on a distinguished road
996 Handgun mounting location.

Hey folks I was wondering if anyone had ideas for a good mounting location and style to properly secure my .40 h&k duty weapon while driving. I carry for work, and on trips longer then 30 min it really digs in my side with comfort seats. Just looking for a secure mounting location. I was thinking of a Molle setup on the passenger seat, but I would prefer to mount close to my right leg, but I wont drill any holes. I looked into the desantis kingston, but i hear dit gets loose. Any fellow leos have any ideas?
Thanks

Old 11-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Hurdigurdiman is on a distinguished road
If you are serious (which I suspect you are). On my 99 model there is a place under the steering wheel which is intended for the owners manual etc. That would be the perfect place to secure a holster. Smack dab between your knees and easily available for a left or right handed person. (Make my day punk) lol

Old 11-18-2013, 09:45 AM

Unfortunately my 996 is a smoothdash, no cubby place. Thanks

Old 11-18-2013, 10:06 AM
Pors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by flybye_
Hey folks I was wondering if anyone had ideas for a good mounting location and style to properly secure my .40 h&k duty weapon while driving. I carry for work, and on trips longer then 30 min it really digs in my side with comfort seats. Just looking for a secure mounting location. I was thinking of a Molle setup on the passenger seat, but I would prefer to mount close to my right leg, but I wont drill any holes. I looked into the desantis kingston, but i hear dit gets loose. Any fellow leos have any ideas?
Thanks
Ok, just joking around. Have you tried using Velcro on the passenger side of the console. When I was traveling to-and-from work I would just throw a holstered weapon in my gym bag and put it on the front seat.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4007.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	302595  

Last edited by Pors-Vette; 11-18-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Attach the velcro to the leather? How easy does the stuff come off?

Old 11-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Hurdigurdiman is on a distinguished road
Do you have a center console compartment it could lay inside? Just behind your right elbow? Or glove box or is that too far from the driver seat? How about a leg holster? Is that out of the question. The desantis Kingston looks pretty good but I am not a gun toter so can't comment. I saw this youtube video which is just where my manual holder is situated. provided you don't shoot yourself in the big toe when retrieving the weapon hahaha. Look at me giving advice like I was Davy bloody Crocket or someone. This guy made a very easy fix without drilling anything.

Last edited by Hurdigurdiman; 11-18-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Pors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the rough
My 99 has carpetting that comes up a bit on both sides of my console. Velcro straps have two sides. One bristly that sticks to the other. The bristly side should stick itself to the carpet so you won't have to use fasteners or the adhesive of the other strip. Just a thought.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:08 PM
invius is on a distinguished road
I keep mine in my fitment holder in the door, don't have any problems with it, and it never moves around...admittedly it's a smaller weapon than you are carrying as it is just my travel piece, but I would think there is room for my Glock 19 in there, which is probably equivalent to the 40cal you are carrying on duty.

DS

Old 11-18-2013, 08:09 PM
mfletch is on a distinguished road
I personally carried a different gun for back up/off duty. A five shot .38 is way more comfortable in a pancake holster. I had a co-worker get involved in an off-duty incident where the dirtbag rammed the back of his car. His gun was in his gym bag that flew off the seat. After that, it was strongly suggested in briefing that while driving through our station area, we carry on our person.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:45 PM
alanwestport is on a distinguished road
Agree with mfletch. If you need to get out of your car your weapon needs to be on your person.

Last edited by alanwestport; 11-18-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:48 PM
CBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant future
How is it that you two SoCal boys know so much about concealed carry? Thought it wasn't allowed here?

Old 11-19-2013, 06:56 AM
I'll look into a pancake holster ( any suggestions) for a relv, or my Khar pm9 but I was looking to stick my duty piece somewhere. I take off my duty belt before getting in and hate to have it on the pass seat. Velcro wont stick to carpet, I was thinking of getting a cross breed with the velcro backing and sticking a big spot of velcro under the dash.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:43 AM
bgx-9101 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by flybye_
Hey folks I was wondering if anyone had ideas for a good mounting location and style to properly secure my .40 h&k duty weapon while driving. Thanks

only in the USA!

Old 11-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Former Vendor
Extreme Dimensions has a spectacular aura aboutExtreme Dimensions has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by CBADtt
How is it that you two SoCal boys know so much about concealed carry? Thought it wasn't allowed here?
They are Law Enforcement, its a bit different for them.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:01 PM
peteb3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bgx-9101
only in the USA!

Totally agree

I don't know if I should laugh or cry

Are you seriously worried about having a handgun in your car - do you know how many things are wrong with that concept?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 Handgun mounting location.