996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

California Plates in black,blue and yellow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 11:58 AM
alanwestport is on a distinguished road
California Plates in black,blue and yellow

Hi all. I wanted to let any of my fellow Californians with black,grey, blue or yellow cars know that California is re-issuing the old colors for license plates. In other words, the 50's yellow with black lettering, 60"s black with yellow lettering and 70"s blue plates with yellow lettering. I having a black car, feel that a black plate with yellow lettering is, well, a LOT better option than the white reflective plate with red lettering! It will be made of the reflective type material that the current plates are made of. Just for fun, I have ordered a set of custom plates. I ordered NRW MND'D in black. The full space you see here is actually a half space on the actual plate. I'll add the apostrophe once they're in my possession. I'm hoping that they look good enough against my black car to convince me to put my front plate back on! I don't want to give the police any cause (other than catching me speeding) to pull me over. Here's a link.
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/legacyplates/index.htm

Old 11-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Empyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to behold
Nice find, Alan! I think the yellow w/ black lettering will look great on my SY TT Cab. In fact, I was thinking the same thing... I might even put my front plate on.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:53 AM
rrrruben will become famous soon enough
Fantastico!! Black exterior, black interior, black windows, black rims, and now black plates. Me happy.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:10 PM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
is the color of the plate specific to the years it was available or can you order any color plate for a newer car OR can you put a black plate from the 60's
on a newer car

Old 11-21-2013, 06:04 PM
alanwestport is on a distinguished road
Right!?! Like you Ruben, I have a triple black with black rims. Just need the tint! I'm so glad I could share something with the group. I was turned on to it by a friend who has a black Panamera and was getting one for himself. Please let everyone know on any other forums that you might be a part of. They won't start producing them until they have 7500 of a given color. The black is at 5241. If they don't reach the 7500 before January 1rst 2015 then they will cancel the program and refund the money.
Barncobob, you can put any color on any car and even have a vanity version!