996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

airbag light and intermittent door lock issues - related

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 03:10 PM
maor is on a distinguished road
airbag light and intermittent door lock issues - related

I have these error codes. I am very confident they are related now as I was having intermittent lock issues.

I can't lock my door sometimes when I close the drivers door, when I open it suddenly my car can be locked and unlocked. Tried the keyfob tricks etc, none worked.

Then recently my airbag light has come on. I cleared it but it came back on straightaway.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	qtl8.png
Views:	328
Size:	469.3 KB
ID:	315199   Click image for larger version

Name:	bfln.png
Views:	290
Size:	454.9 KB
ID:	315200  
Old 12-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
The error codes should provide you with a clue. That is with proper documentation the error codes should be documented along with steps to perform a proper diagnosis that narrows down the source of the codes.

Some of the symptoms you report were occurring in my Boxster and the tech with a diagnostics computer and the security alarm codes traced the source of the problem to a bad door lock switch.

So without the benefit of having the diagnostic steps at hand, all I can offer is in general several not directly related errors or several odd symptoms involving doors/windows is sometimes due to water in a door.

If so and if ignored the electrical gremlins can begin to appear at other places which confuses things.

Another explanation is water in the cabin, on the floor is a common spot and of course this gets the security module wet and then all sorts of odd things generally with the car's locks/doors and such occur. Blocked body drains are often the source of water in the cabin and on the floor.

If you find no signs of any water/moisture/dampness then a simple -- so to speak -- switch failure can be the explanation, as was the case with my Boxster.