996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Fister D - FD Motorsport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 03:25 PM
jjmullen is on a distinguished road
Thanks Barncobob. Made the call and have the appointment set. Let's just hope I don't get a ticket coming back over Vasco Rd while I listen to the upgrade! Cheers.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:16 AM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
JJ. there is a mini mart 3 blocks from darrins, by the time u walk there, have a few drinks and walk back the hour is up...course if its raining that different

Old 03-02-2014, 07:51 AM
RDykmans is on a distinguished road
Or have Darin drop you off at Starbucks so you can get caffeined up while you wait. It WAS raining friday when he put my PSS10s on! LOL.

Old 03-10-2014, 09:00 PM
jjmullen is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

In & Out. Darrin did an excellent job and the car sounds even better!

Old 07-03-2014, 06:43 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
I'd like to underscore my experience with FD Motorsport and Darin, I am very pleased with my new cans. This mod is the perfect balance of an enjoyable highway experience, coupled with aggressive when you want it, here's my Yelp review:

"If I lived closer, Darin would be my go-to shop; he is professional, accommodating and clearly enjoys what he does. I drove from LG to his shop in Brentwood, Darin did everything possible to acommodate my schedule and confort while I was there. Darin's knowledge as well as his attention to detail is exactly what you want to see from a fellow enthusiast.

The 6-Speed online guys have nothing but good things to say about FD Motorsports and now I see why. Highly recommended, believe the stars"

Last edited by khiroshima; 07-04-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:10 PM
33jacket is on a distinguished road
they are sending me mine this week, should get them friday. Yes they are still in business. Cant wait to hear em

Old 08-13-2014, 12:45 PM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Takes a little time for them to get full affect.

Originally Posted by 33jacket
they are sending me mine this week, should get them friday. Yes they are still in business. Cant wait to hear em

Old 08-13-2014, 01:01 PM
33jacket is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FLA996TT
Takes a little time for them to get full affect.
why is that? it seems like the bypass pipe would make the sound immediately since the mufflers are already broken in or are you saying that for me to get used to it and appreciate the new sound?

Old 08-13-2014, 02:21 PM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Don't know, the sound out of mine changed after about a week. For the better.

Originally Posted by 33jacket
why is that? it seems like the bypass pipe would make the sound immediately since the mufflers are already broken in or are you saying that for me to get used to it and appreciate the new sound?

Old 02-02-2016, 01:02 PM
Baldkingpin is on a distinguished road
Fister Exhaust Note When Chillin'

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm pretty much sold on a Fister exhaust for my 996. Reached out to Darin and he was as responsive/cool as advertised (seemingly, by everyone, everywhere). A bonus is I live close and can get to him in under an hour.

My only question is what the exhaust will sound like when I pull out of my garage and drive the 10 or so blocks out of my neighborhood to more open roads, or when I'm driving through our small local towns (e.g., Palo Alto, Los Altos, San Carlos, in case anyone from the Bay Area is reading).

I've listened to Fister's vid. and all the YT vids, love the sound at idle and under hard acceleration. My question is how it sounds at 2.5k to maybe 4k rpm's. I could only find one drive-by video through a residential area but the driver was pinning it (sounded sweet, but not helpful to my issue).

I've read that it sounds "mellow", "how a Porsche should sound" and one poster even characterized the note as "stock" when driving gently at lower revs. If this is generally true, it strikes me as fairly stealthy and checks all my boxes.

I want the sound but I want it for me, not to impress. I'd also like to avoid cultivating a boy racer image amongst my neighbors when I leave for work early in the morning. Or worse, look even more like a 49 year-old dude in the throws of a mid-life crisis.

Anyone care to throw a little verbiage at me re: this specific issue?

Thx in advance!

Old 02-03-2016, 01:57 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
100% this is the way to go. Zero drone and it opens up only when you get on it. If you are puttering down the street, or leaving at 6:00am, your neighbors probably won't even hear a difference.

I was 100% satisfied with this mod and if I ever buy another 996, this will be one of the first mods. I am also about an hour away from Darin, totally worth the trip, I said similar stuff in Yelp, BTW . . . KH