996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Car Audio - Austin TX...

Old 02-15-2014, 05:55 AM
fmanley2 is on a distinguished road
Car Audio - Austin TX...

I know this is a very specific request. I just took ownership of a 2002 911 C4 Cabriolet with original equipment Nav / AM / FM / cassette Double DIN unit. I plan to replace it with a Double DIN unit and have seen some units from Kenwood, Pioneer, and Alpine.

My question is: Does anyone out there have experience with a car audio company in Austin Texas that they trust and with whom they have had a positive experience? I am not interested in doing this myself, but DO want to engage a shop that has experience with Porsches.

Also, if you have any particular details to share regarding a particular head unit, speakers, and / or power units, that would be great too. I will say that I am interested in a great sound without breaking the bank (nothing too radical- needs to look as stock as I can make it).

Thanks for your inputs!

Old 02-20-2014, 02:14 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
Custom Sounds handels car audio that I would trust. Not familiar with the guys in austin but down here in san antonio the san pedro rd location seems to be the place to go gor high end car audio.