996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

My new plates arrived!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 04:36 PM
alanwestport is on a distinguished road
My new plates arrived!

My "Narrrow minded" plates arrived! Yay. Also, I'm throwing it out there again that California is reissuing Black plates with yellow letters, Blue plates with yellow letters and yellow plates with black letters.... so if you have a black, blue or yellow P car then you know what to do. They won't start shipping them unless they have at at least 7500 ordered of one color. So, help a brother out!!
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/legacyplates/index.htm

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	80-nrwmndd_694a3833987138e905feb25671c563a854dd0a80.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	335097  

Last edited by alanwestport; 02-17-2014 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:08 AM
bal
bal is on a distinguished road
Nice! I've always loved the blue background plates.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the interpretation. I would have never guessed it.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:34 PM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
Ive always liked the black with yellow letters but on a newer Porsche not so much,,good for the guys with the 50-60s cars..

Old 02-19-2014, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by CALGUY
Thanks for the interpretation. I would have never guessed it.
I suspect with the dot between NRW and the apostrophe as in MND'D I'm sure that after a few minutes of sitting in bumper to bumper as we do here in SoCal, it would have come to you. Having said that, I don't doubt for one second the hidden meaning is not going to be discernible to anyone who is not a past or present owner of a 911 narrow body, but that was my real intention. Somewhat of an inside joke.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:28 AM
chivobones is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Nice plate! I have a black plate ordered for my car and a yellow plate ordered for my Harley. I'm hoping there is enough orders to make it happen. Been looking at personalized plates like I have on one of my trucks but am waiting for a clever idea (like yours).

Old 02-22-2014, 03:29 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
clevver name : )

Old 02-23-2014, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by chivobones
Nice plate! I have a black plate ordered for my car and a yellow plate ordered for my Harley. I'm hoping there is enough orders to make it happen. Been looking at personalized plates like I have on one of my trucks but am waiting for a clever idea (like yours).
Thanks. I can't wait to see it in black against my black car.. One thing that I was able to capitalize on with the black plate that I ordered is that a half space can be inserted in between characters. This allowed for a little bit of room between NRW and MNDD. I hope that it will provide sufficient delineation between the two works so that I don't feel tempted to put a yellow dot there. I suspect a yellow dot would be a fix-it ticket to the right officer.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:50 PM
AA717driver is on a distinguished road
My state, Indiana, stopped issuing personalized plates due to an objection over a LEO having "OINK" and the subsequent class action suit.

Tar and feathers needed...

TC

Old 02-23-2014, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by AA717driver
My state, Indiana, stopped issuing personalized plates due to an objection over a LEO having "OINK" and the subsequent class action suit.

Tar and feathers needed...

TC
How is it that the country that put a man on the moon has become over run by the easily butt hurt crowd?

Old 02-23-2014, 08:03 PM
AA717driver is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by alanwestport
How is it that the country that put a man on the moon has become over run by the easily butt hurt crowd?
If it were done today, I'm guessing the PI Lawyers would have stopped the moon mission.

TC