996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Buy from any place other than Auto Atlanta

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 08:01 AM
GOB
GOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Buy from any place other than Auto Atlanta

I have purchased quite a few items from Pelican, but in this last instance where I needed an evaporator for my car (2002 C4S), funds were low and I opted to get a generic evaporator from Auto Atlanta as Pelican did not offer it. I ordered based on what they offer on their website and as it turns out, it was the wrong part. They completely refuse to accept any negligence on their part and now they want me to be responsible for the cost of shipping back to them as well as re stocking fee. Keep in mind that I did call to make sure I was going to get the right part (their website is about the worse online shopping experience ever...) as I had to ship the part overseas. Instead of admitting to part of the responsibility, they in turn are arrogant about it, specially a person by the name of Leo.

As it turns out, there are two versions of the evaporator for our cars, but they only list one and claim there is only one version, though I have pictures that prove otherwise. My car is left hand drive (just like USA). If they had given two options and I chose the wrong one, then it would be completely my fault, but this was not the case.

Hopefully this saves someone the headache of having to deal with a company that is obviously not in tune with what customer service is all about. If you read this on other Porsche boards, my apologies as I want to make sure the message gets across.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:21 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Thanks for the heads up! Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:25 AM
GOB
GOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud of
They claim there is only one part available for our cars regarding evaporators, but that is definitely not the case. See the picture below for proof. They claim no fault on their part as what I got is what they have on their site, but what they fail to mention/admit is that there is a choice of parts when it comes to the proper replacement. Of note, my car is 10000% stock regarding the AC system.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1249.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	335421  
Old 02-18-2014, 10:59 AM
silverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FLA996TT
Thanks for the heads up! Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Dunno