996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

911 accident =(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 05:25 PM
dbTarga996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Spastook
If you have targa top damage you could be looking at a total loss.
Surprisingly they arn't totaled it out. The top damage is the last bit they were able to find besides the body panels and a few other things.

the final estimate has come to a little over 10k.

Old 03-22-2014, 05:41 PM
dgjks is on a distinguished road
What about your neck pain?

Old 03-24-2014, 12:09 PM
Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
When my wife's MB wagon was two years old, it got rear ended and I was able to collect DV from State Farm. This was based on a DV report I got online from a company that provides this service. I don't remember their name, but you can find them via online search engine. I paid $50 for the report and it was all based on year, make, model and mileage. Bear in mind that the older your car and the more mileage it has, the less you will recover for DV. It is unlikely that you can recover against your own insurer for DV as most have put in exclusions for collision claims. But unless there's a law in CA that prevents this, you can recover against the at-fault driver. Good luck.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:22 PM
It looks like this would have to be a first party claim. The women who hit my car has 10k on her coverage to pay for my car and the other person involved so from what im looking at, if I want to go with a DV claim , itll have to be against her in small claims.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:28 PM
cgunsch will become famous soon enoughcgunsch will become famous soon enough
ouch!

Old 03-25-2014, 04:45 PM
WDC 911 is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear.

Originally Posted by dbTarga996
It looks like this would have to be a first party claim. The women who hit my car has 10k on her coverage to pay for my car and the other person involved so from what im looking at, if I want to go with a DV claim , itll have to be against her in small claims.

Old 03-30-2014, 12:35 PM
Airrik will become famous soon enoughAirrik will become famous soon enough
sorry about the loss glad everyone is ok.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Airrik
sorry about the loss glad everyone is ok.

Thank you along with everyone else. The good news, I should be getting the car back this thursday from the body shop. Been a long month.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:28 PM
porschemama will become famous soon enoughporschemama will become famous soon enough
Thank you along with everyone else. The good news, I should be getting the car back this thursday from the body shop. Been a long month.
Glad to hear some good news and no one was hurt.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:07 PM
theclutch is on a distinguished road
I can't stand it when people post threads of "my car got into an accident" BUT DON'T POST ANY PICS!

PICS or it didn't happen!!!

Old 04-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by theclutch
I can't stand it when people post threads of "my car got into an accident" BUT DON'T POST ANY PICS!

PICS or it didn't happen!!!

I held off from pictures just because I didnt want to have to look at them. FYI car got pushed back to another week. Ugh.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled_zps057b4db7.png
Views:	414
Size:	359.8 KB
ID:	357716  
Old 04-27-2014, 01:30 PM
So finally got the car back, feels good to have it again. It looks better than when I purchased the it and feels more solid.Car has a few extra's new such as my alarm going off whenever I get into it and the radio needing a code. Besides that I'm happy.

I wont be able to go for devaluation just merely on that I am busy with work/school/life. The PD is building a case against her and will be filling a warrant so that is good news on the bases that this women needs tolearn she cant do this type of thing and suffer minimum consequences.

To everyone on here , thank you for all your kind words and also a bit of support/info.

Old 04-27-2014, 05:56 PM
Smile

So finally got the car back, feels good to have it again. It looks better than when I purchased the it and feels more solid.Car has a few extra's new such as my alarm going off whenever I get into it and the radio needing a code. Besides that I'm happy.

I wont be able to go for devaluation just merely on that I am busy with work/school/life. The PD is building a case against her and will be filling a warrant so that is good news on the bases that this women needs tolearn she cant do this type of thing and suffer minimum consequences.

To everyone on here , thank you for all your kind words and also a bit of support/info.

The first pet peeve is when people post "I got into an accident" but didn't post pics....

The second pet peeve is "I got it fixed" and wait for it...again didn't post pics...

Old 04-27-2014, 06:13 PM
Wausau 911 is on a distinguished road
I guess you haven't had many peeves with 10 posts. Lol

Old 04-27-2014, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Wausau 911
I guess you haven't had many peeves with 10 posts. Lol

Touche! Actually, I had to do a username change since my original username potentially "enabled folks" to find out where I lived and stored my cars and well....let's not go there. But yeah... quite *a bit* more than 10 posts going back maybe 10 years or so... Be careful out there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 911 accident =(