996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Where is my sub…?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 05:12 AM
fmanley2 is on a distinguished road
Where is my sub…?

Just bought 2002 C4 Cab, and trying to sort out the sound system to determine what I want to update. I have the original Nav / radio head unit with Bose speakers. When the car was delivered, the battery was completely dead. It is now at the shop getting a few things done. Some questions: The head unit is currently dead. Should it come back to life if the code is entered after we get the battery charged and reconnected? Also, where is the subwoofer? I get that the sound may not be a top priority with top down, but wonder how the Bose speaker system sounds to those of you still running with the original system. Any $1000-$1500 recommendations for a Double- DIN flat screen update that includes FM / AM / Satellite / Nav / Bluetooth? Thanks for the info!

Old 03-08-2014, 08:37 AM
bal
bal is on a distinguished road
Yes the radio should turn on when the battery is reconnected. It will display PORSCHE and then CODE ****. If it doesn't turn on perhaps a fuse blew.

The sub is in the passenger footwell on the left hand side. You'll see a black plastic handle they looks a bit like a heating vent. This will release the sub.

I just wrote up a detailed how to on radio replacement (though not double DIN.) you can find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eic0l44i62...stallation.pdf

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.