996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Like-minded drivers, what's your choice of family ride?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 06:24 AM
cheekybird is on a distinguished road
That will work too...You can just ship your luggage, bikes, ski's, surf boards, lawn chairs etc. when going on a long trip. Interesting choice, enjoy the Turbo!

Old 04-25-2014, 07:23 AM
porschemama will become famous soon enoughporschemama will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by cheekybird
That will work too...You can just ship your luggage, bikes, ski's, surf boards, lawn chairs etc. when going on a long trip. Interesting choice, enjoy the Turbo!
Lol, I know! I teased him about a roof rack like Nick Murray has. Really I couldn't pass up. When the dealer called me to "you have to see in person" and drive 2 hrs to see it, we knew it must be the real deal. The full checklist and then some. We'll keep all the toys at the beach house and some clothing. The Q7 redesign was postponed again so it'll give us time end of 2015 to revisit the issue.

Old 04-25-2014, 04:24 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschemama
Sorry I wasn't clear. We now have a his and hers 911, which each seats 4 so.... Girls ride w me and boys ride w him.
Congrats! Looks like a beast. Hopefully the boys will have an iPad or something to keep them entertained while waiting for mama to reach her destination.

Of course your hubby might get his license revoked soon if he's not careful. "Officer, I simply do not have the talent to control 700hp..."

Old 04-28-2014, 09:48 AM
porschemama will become famous soon enoughporschemama will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by alpine003
Congrats! Looks like a beast. Hopefully the boys will have an iPad or something to keep them entertained while waiting for mama to reach her destination.

Of course your hubby might get his license revoked soon if he's not careful. "Officer, I simply do not have the talent to control 700hp..."
Ouch! Fighting words! Apparently it's adjustable tuning? I have a lot to learn. But hey, if he can't drive it, I'm more than willing to take it off his hands (insert evil laugh).

I actually took note that we barely use the wagon anymore except for trips to the movies, chuck e cheese, or dinner out. What would really help me out is to have 2 non-sluggish cars to get between games, practices, bday parties, and auditions. Downsizing is good anyway. Forget the lawn chairs and throw in blankets and a cooler.

I'll wait for the Q7 in 2015/2016. After the last designer was fired, I'm liking the new redesign. http://www.autospies.com/news/SPIED-...SO-Long-81107/

Old 12-12-2014, 04:44 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Bumping this as they announced the new Q7. Seems like they are taking a page out of Range Rover by making it over 700lbs lighter and taking a page out of the MDX by making it narrower and shorter yet increasing the cabin volume. I like the fact that all three rows can slide over 4".

Old 12-12-2014, 05:10 PM
JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !
Vw cc
My wife loves it

Jb

Old 12-13-2014, 03:52 PM
Bumping this as they announced the new Q7. Seems like they are taking a page out of Range Rover by making it over 700lbs lighter and taking a page out of the MDX by making it narrower and shorter yet increasing the cabin volume. I like the fact that all three rows can slide over 4".
Ooooh good looking out, thanks! I like it. I could imagine it being lighter on its feet and that sliding feature ++ for the little guys in the back. Though I did ALMOST bring home a domestic Lincoln MKT. I found out the MKT replaced my freestyle but more luxurious in comparison to my ford. I was at the negotiation table and walked out. Porsche service spoiled me. These guys were playing with me and decided not to waste anymore time. It was in charlotte so southern style was not in line with my ny no bs. Anyway, the mkt larger engine pushes 365hp and lighter than the Q, bimmer or GL. Kids liked cooler in the center console. It felt more responsive than the Q and Benz. I think it could use bigger calipers though:/

Can't wait to try out this 2015 Q7 before making a final decision.

JB- let's meet up on main st Starbucks before the our cars go into hibernation. And have you been at C&C in mount laurel? Now that kids soccer season is over, we'll be stopping by.

Last edited by porschemama; 12-13-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:36 AM
theclutch is on a distinguished road

I didn't see where it says all 3 rows slide over 4". It would also be unusual for the 3rd row to do this. The 1st row is a given. If the 2nd row does slide back and forth (which is what got us to buy the Infiniti JX (aka QX60), then we are ready to switch.

Old 12-15-2014, 07:54 AM
Let me try to find the article mentioning all three sliding. Of course nothing is final yet and anything can change.

As far as the Lincoln, it would be ok if you're planning on keeping it for the long haul but I'm not sure if you're aware of the massive depreciation trend Lincolns have suffered recently. Quite a few dealers pulled out in carrying Lincoln's, some don't wanna even take them in on a trade in, they have a hard time selling at auctions even at the black book prices. Plus they had to get someone like Matthew Mcounaghey(spelling?) to attract all you soccer moms. lol. Still can't believe a decent optioned big brother is over $70k, ouch!

Old 12-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by theclutch
I didn't see where it says all 3 rows slide over 4".
I found it but given the source, I think it could be a typo...

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/2016-a...gon-1670262401

Additionally, all three seats can each be moved longitudinally by up to 4.3 inches.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:52 AM
Let me try to find the article mentioning all three sliding. Of course nothing is final yet and anything can change.

As far as the Lincoln, it would be ok if you're planning on keeping it for the long haul but I'm not sure if you're aware of the massive depreciation trend Lincolns have suffered recently. Quite a few dealers pulled out in carrying Lincoln's, some don't wanna even take them in on a trade in, they have a hard time selling at auctions even at the black book prices. Plus they had to get someone like Matthew Mcounaghey(spelling?) to attract all you soccer moms. lol. Still can't believe a decent optioned big brother is over $70k, ouch!
Did you just call me out on McConaughey? Lol! Patrick Dempsey on GT3RSR maaaybe. I love the title on jalopnik "it's a damn station wagon!" and it's perfect to replace my current hot wagon.

I also like a lower ride because in the city, kids can jump right in. No hoisting or carrying them down, or reaching up and back with my butt sticking out in traffic/rain/snow. I'll only miss the tailgate function. We'd back the wagon to the field and watch games comfy in a downpour. Life isn't perfect but this is close.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by JB Lifeguard
Vw cc
My wife loves it

Jb
Thanks JB. Does it have 3 rows? With 4 kids I need max capacity with twin turbos or at minimum 310hps

Old 12-21-2014, 03:25 PM
carsareart is on a distinguished road
When our children were young we had a suburban. it was great. like a living room on wheels. now that the kids have grown up and moved off we have a Bmw x5. My wife still talks about the suburban.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:18 PM
pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !
Q: What's my choice of family ride?

A: BMW 530 dTA M-Sport (F11)

Does 242 km/h on an Autobahn and carries 2 kids, a dog and "the stuff" to the summer cottage or skiing without problems. Tows 2000 kgs trailer and still looks damn good.

Last edited by pete95zhn; 12-22-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:30 PM
Porsche Pilot has a spectacular aura aboutPorsche Pilot has a spectacular aura aboutPorsche Pilot has a spectacular aura about
'14 Range Rover Sport. Yes, it's British but oh so bad *** in its own lovable way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Like-minded drivers, what's your choice of family ride?