996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

I have bought a TPC Turbokit for my C2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 03:35 AM
996C2German is on a distinguished road
I have bought a TPC Turbokit for my C2

Hi,

I am from Germany... so first,sorry for my bad english.

I have bought a used TPC Turbokit which was build in a Carrera c4s.
The guy had i 10000KM build in and the new owner after selling the car
want to have the car original so he sold me the Kit.

Next week i will get it.

my car is a 99 Carrera C2.
Becaus of the fact that my car has no E-Gas i hav to reduce the Throttel-Entrance which is for me no Problem.

The Ecu-Tuning will make a Tuner in my country.

My ask is, fit the Kit otherwise Plug and play from a c4s 2001 996 car?

What changes i have to do more?

Have somebody times for me for the quarter Mile after installing the Kit?
How much HP you have really with the Kit.

I hope you understand my English

Sorry

Old 03-21-2014, 11:49 AM
silverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud of
Welcome! I am looking forward to see the build

Old 03-22-2014, 04:54 AM
No one can answer my questions?

Old 03-22-2014, 05:37 AM
silverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud of
Try to speak with NineEreven here on the forum, he has Another thread, there he just completed the same build as you!

Old 03-24-2014, 01:54 PM
NineEreven is a jewel in the roughNineEreven is a jewel in the roughNineEreven is a jewel in the rough
I actually know who you purchased the kit from.

You will need to resize the exhaust to fit because he had a "widened" c2 aka a c4s. The exhaust tips in distance from one another are further than your c2.

The kit for the most part will be plug and play. Your biggest hurdle will be the tuning for the throttle cable as the kit is designed to work with eGas. Let me know when you get the kit and I can let you know some of my minor struggles and some things you can do to help the install go a bit more smooth.

Are you installing the kit yourself or having a shop do it?

FYI, if you can make calls to the US, TPC Racing has been fantastic with their customer support. Harris has done all my ordering and Tom has been a great wealth of knowledge for me.

I hit some rich/lean issues because of an oily filter screwed my MAF readings, and I also had a hole in my intake/vacuum section where they supply you with the brake duct as piping. Order a 12" long 3.5" ID silicone hose and a 3.5" 45degree bend silicone hose. You will thank me for it later.

Last edited by NineEreven; 03-24-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:52 AM
Hi,

can you explain me this in easy going english please ?

I hit some rich/lean issues because of an oily filter screwed my MAF readings, and I also had a hole in my intake/vacuum section where they supply you with the brake duct as piping. Order a 12" long 3.5" ID silicone hose and a 3.5" 45degree bend silicone hose. You will thank me for it later.

And can you tell me how you get the Injectors out?

The fitting of the Exhaust-Tipps is no Problem for me.
Have you got the Water hoses including in your Set?
I dont have them in my. Can you tell me which one i have to buy?

Old 03-26-2014, 02:28 PM
Another Question is which Radiator I need for the Air/Liquid Radiator to give him cold air?
Is the Radiator from the 986 Boxster with the Parts Number

ok ?

Which hoses I need for this? Can you explain me please because in my Set was only the Air/Water Radiator but no Radiator for the Front of the Car and no hoses for the Front Radiator.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:00 AM
@all and esspeciali NineEreven.... please help and answer my last questions. I cant write you a private Message because im new in the Forum and I need 15 Messages until I can write PN´s

Old 03-27-2014, 01:08 PM
NineEreven is a jewel in the roughNineEreven is a jewel in the roughNineEreven is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 996C2German
@all and esspeciali NineEreven.... please help and answer my last questions. I cant write you a private Message because im new in the Forum and I need 15 Messages until I can write PN´s
Any 986 or 996 "third" radiator will work. I would try to find a "GT3" front radiator.

Only use a "dry" intake filter, dont use one that uses oil

use silicone hoses for all the intake pipes, don't use the brake duct vent hoses you get. They are the orange and blue hoses. use silicone ones instead

as for the hoses I can get you info on diameter and length. Did you get a pump with the kit?

Old 03-27-2014, 01:31 PM
I get a Water pump. which hoses i have to buy for the water radiator?how much inch ID and which lenght. Is the filter in the Kit a dry filter?Its a grey filter which i get.

The red hoses i get in the Kit,arent their silicon hoses?It feels like Silicon. Why should i change them?They work god in the car which i have the Kit from

Old 03-30-2014, 11:24 PM
Hi,

in my Kit is a Cusco Oil catcher, for what is it and how i can connect is with my engine? Can somebody explain it for me

Old 04-01-2014, 07:09 AM
I get a Water pump. which hoses i have to buy for the water radiator?how much inch ID and which lenght. Is the filter in the Kit a dry filter?Its a grey filter which i get.

The red hoses i get in the Kit,arent their silicon hoses?It feels like Silicon. Why should i change them?They work god in the car which i have the Kit from
Im going to charge you some pics of everything before I answer any more!

Look agt the nipples on your water pump. Im sure it is the same pump as mine but you want ones that match the inlet/outlet on your pump, intercooler, and third radiator.

The filter in the kit MUST be a dry filter. My dry filter I got from TPC is grey as well. DO NOT RUN AN OILED FILTER! I ruined my MAF doing that.

I am talking about the hose you will use from the filter down to the turbo inlet. That hose, you will want to make sure is silicone. All the other red ones are ok to use.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2mm5n9t.png
Views:	1727
Size:	569.4 KB
ID:	353586  
Old 04-01-2014, 07:23 AM
How have you make your crankcase breather? Have you an Oil Catcher?
Can you give me some Detail pics of your build?Were i can see everythink better

Old 04-01-2014, 07:45 AM
How have you make your crankcase breather? Have you an Oil Catcher?
Can you give me some Detail pics of your build?Were i can see everythink better
I am in the process of creating a oil catcher right now. I dont have a breather and it is causing my dipstick to blow on under full boost.

I have a build thread on here somewhere. I will dig it up for you.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:49 AM
I want to build in a Cusco Oil Catcher? Is this not good for you also?

http://www.cusco.co.jp/en/img/oil_catch_tank.jpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I have bought a TPC Turbokit for my C2