996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Crazy experience today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 12:46 PM
porschemama will become famous soon enoughporschemama will become famous soon enough
Crazy experience today

Growing up, most of us probably had a Porsche poster on our wall and probably blew our minds the first time seeing one in person. I was at a gas station when 2 boys came off a touring bus and approached my car smiling. Then a couple more older, Tweens. Then on the rear view, I saw one snapping pics from her iPhone shouting something back to her friends. Next thing I know, a bunch of giggling girls come 10-15 feet away oohing and ahhhing, snapping more pics. I waved a little, embarrassed and taken aback myself w my 3 yo in the back. Unreal!!! My lil ol 996?

Only one girl came up to talk to me. In broken English, she said very nice car... First time seeing a Porsche... cool girl in a Porsche ... cool Asian girl in Porsche. I told her it was my dream car. She said she was very, very happy. Girls don't drive where she is from. I could have hugged her.

I really hope she goes back home to tell her friends and inspire them to pursue their dreams, despite gender inequality. Growing up it was rare for Filipino and Spanish women to work or drive. The experience reminded me to see how fortunate we are, the freedom, opportunities, and feel proud to be an American.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:05 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains is on a distinguished road
good story
thanks

Old 07-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Saibot is on a distinguished road
Happened to me last year. First day of nice weather; caut it on my dahscam too.

to be honest though, i cheated. i had a GT2 bumper back then

Last edited by Saibot; 07-19-2014 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:36 PM
bernard.barbour will become famous soon enoughbernard.barbour will become famous soon enough
Hahahahahaha "That's legit ! " Thanks for giving me good laugh. @Porschemama, you are so right, we have a whole lot to be thankful for in America. I would like to take a few people that complain about our country and take them some places I've lived. Right now I'm in Belize and gas is $6.00 a gallon. When I lived in Europe taxes nearly took my whole check. There are not many other countries I would prefer to live in. God Bless America.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:51 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Very nice!

Old 07-21-2014, 07:39 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
I love me some Pansit!!! If those girls came up to my car, they would say cool car but what's with the food smell? Lol

Old 07-21-2014, 12:53 PM
BostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really nice
Great story. Mahbuhay! My beautiful wife is from the Philippines.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:05 PM
996inTX is on a distinguished road
I had that happen to me once, the boys and girls giggling. I was looking very proud. Then one of them told me my fly was down.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:26 AM
porschemama will become famous soon enoughporschemama will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Saibot
Happened to me last year. First day of nice weather; caut it on my dahscam too. To be honest though, i cheated. i had a GT2 bumper back then
"That's legit" cracked me up. Wish I had a dashcam setup... on my to do list now.

Originally Posted by alpine003
I love me some Pansit!!! If those girls came up to my car, they would say cool car but what's with the food smell? Lol
haha, no food in the car! Must double bag take-home in the frunk. Especially Chipotle!

Originally Posted by BostonCarrera4S
Great story. Mahbuhay! My
beautiful wife is from the Philippines.
She must be hot and spoils the heck out of you.

Originally Posted by 996inTX
I had that happen to me once, the boys and girls giggling. I was looking very proud. Then one of them told me my fly was down.
Hahaha, that's not cool. Sorry the "moment" was taken away. I was wearing a dress and Jersey is full service only so I stayed in the car. That actually made it worse, waiting for the pumpman to return. I just sat there feeling awkward.

I now know what fanboy means. They were crazy and asked me to rev the engine. Of course I did a little and floored it to the highway entrance ramp. Couldn't resist.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:20 PM
BostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really nice
Originally Posted by porschemama

She must be hot and spoils the heck out of you.
You are correct on both instances. I'm a lucky man.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:24 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
I had an 8-10 year old boy tell me I had a very nice car at McDonalds the other day. I went back to my car and gave him a Lone Star Region PCA pin that our club had made. He was very polite and very thankful.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:00 PM
shoma23ss is on a distinguished road
Had one myself the other day, this guy washing his Toyota where I was parked watched me walk to the car and when he saw it was mine said " what a beautiful car" then followed it up with "that is one amazing piece of machinery" lol

Old 07-22-2014, 08:59 PM
bernard.barbour will become famous soon enoughbernard.barbour will become famous soon enough
Sitting in traffic I noticed two teens sitting in the car behind me staring as we sat at a stop light. I could vaguely tell that one kid was telling the other something about the car. I hit the button to raise the rear spoiler to their delight. Watching them watch the rear spoiler was quite amusing. A few seconds later the light turned green and rev it and took off, then made a hard left for an on ramp with them still watching. Funny thing, I really wasn't going that way but it made for great P-car theatricals. I saw them as they continued straight on, but I could see them craning their necks to watch me disappear into expressway traffic.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:04 PM
996_North is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bernard.barbour
Sitting in traffic I noticed two teens sitting in the car behind me staring as we sat at a stop light. I could vaguely tell that one kid was telling the other something about the car. I hit the button to raise the rear spoiler to their delight. Watching them watch the rear spoiler was quite amusing. A few seconds later the light turned green and rev it and took off, then made a hard left for an on ramp with them still watching. Funny thing, I really wasn't going that way but it made for great P-car theatricals. I saw them as they continued straight on, but I could see them craning their necks to watch me disappear into expressway traffic.

Love these stories !

Old 07-24-2014, 07:27 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
I have older guys give me the evil stare, ask me how old I am, assume I'm driving my parents car, or that I'm dealing drugs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crazy experience today