996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Slashed tire mod ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 11:43 AM
dbTarga996 is on a distinguished road
Slashed tire mod ?

Sad to say yesterday coming out of the gym, some ******** decided to slash all four of my tires. I was able to get a police report done and my insurance taking care of everything. Ive had a bit of bad luck with this car in the last few months from a hit and run and now this.

The good news is that Ive had a set of gt3 wheels/tires waiting to go on and now I have an excuse to finally put those on. The shop Im working with is going to just get an estimate set up for the new tires and the insurance company will pay me out. Moral of this story I guess is to not stress out about this kind of car related issues because they seem to work themselves out. Also another lesson learned, park towards the front of where you are going that way if this event occurs, cameras can at least catch whats going on, my situation was far from where the front was and had no camera's.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:48 AM
sjg1138 will become famous soon enoughsjg1138 will become famous soon enough
Wow. What city did this happen in?

Old 07-25-2014, 12:10 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
And this happened without any prior incident or road rage?

Old 07-25-2014, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by sjg1138
Wow. What city did this happen in?

This happened in San Jose. As for prior incident , nothing to **** anyone off or any road rage, there was a boxter in the same lot near me that had all four slash as well.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:36 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dbTarga996
Sad to say yesterday coming out of the gym
That will teach you to go to the gym . . . Exercise only leads to injury

Bummer about the tires, but I like the attitude about the new tires! Best, KH

Old 07-25-2014, 02:27 PM
BostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really nice
Keep getting them tires slashed. I would say its quicker to get a set of tires put on than to have your car in the shop for body work from all the door dings you will get parking closer. Haters are going to hate. Looking at the bright side, a new set of tires funded by insurance. You pay for it, might as well use it.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:14 PM
philthy57 is on a distinguished road
I'd love to get my hands on punks like that. A month or so back, a pack of them went through a commuter railroad parking lot in Santa Fe, slashing tires and/or breaking windows on 50+ vehicles. Seems they always get away with it. A tire iron across the arms and ribs would be justice.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:21 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BostonCarrera4S
Haters are going to hate.

t.
Exactly. There's not too much you can do about the haters. It seems like every time I take my 996 to the hardware store, I always leave with a ding or scratch. But yeah generally the parking lot cameras around where I live usually pick up most of the lot.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:57 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Any other cars affected? It's unusual for a single car to have tires slashed without it being personal. Break up with anyone lately?

Old 07-25-2014, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by denversteve
Any other cars affected? It's unusual for a single car to have tires slashed without it being personal. Break up with anyone lately?
There was a boxter near my car that had all four slashed as well. Ive come to the conclusion that this was probably just someone who had a vendetta against Porsche cars.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:29 PM
bernard.barbour will become famous soon enoughbernard.barbour will become famous soon enough

Old 07-25-2014, 07:31 PM
996_North is on a distinguished road
Forget it, move on...let's see some photos with the GT3 wheels

Old 07-25-2014, 07:41 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Someone is definitely jealous of Porsche owners. That sucks.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by 996_North
Forget it, move on...let's see some photos with the GT3 wheels

I agree on this, I just dropped off the gt3 wheels at the shop. Some will like it others will hate it. I'll post pictures hopefully today if I get it back. The old wheels are chrome carrera 18' wheels so i'll probably use them to make a cool table for the garage.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:57 AM
996_North is on a distinguished road
Post 'em when you got 'em !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Slashed tire mod ?