996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Got another issue......

Old 11-24-2014, 05:34 AM
Jahre 40AE is just really niceJahre 40AE is just really niceJahre 40AE is just really niceJahre 40AE is just really niceJahre 40AE is just really nice
Got another issue......

Ok so on my last thread the problem was the transmissioncables, well I fixed those, now is another problem it seems the d*mn gremlinkeeps moving around the car. It only throws a code when the car is on idle (Coldand Hot) once the car moves and gets going the cel goes away, I did managed toget the # is P0302, P0300. I have no clue of what it is or what it can be butis driving me insane one thing after another. Can anyone plz help!!!!!

thank you

Old 11-24-2014, 06:01 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
P0300 is misfire general code, P0302 is misfire cylinder 2. So you have a cylinder 2 misfire...if my memory serves me.

Originally Posted by Jahre 40AE
Ok so on my last thread the problem was the transmissioncables, well I fixed those, now is another problem it seems the d*mn gremlinkeeps moving around the car. It only throws a code when the car is on idle (Coldand Hot) once the car moves and gets going the cel goes away, I did managed toget the # is P0302, P0300. I have no clue of what it is or what it can be butis driving me insane one thing after another. Can anyone plz help!!!!!

thank you

Old 11-24-2014, 06:09 AM
Jahre 40AE is just really niceJahre 40AE is just really niceJahre 40AE is just really niceJahre 40AE is just really niceJahre 40AE is just really nice
Originally Posted by FLA996TT
P0300 is misfire general code, P0302 is misfire cylinder 2. So you have a cylinder 2 misfire...if my memory serves me.
Yes the problem is it only misfires when idle. Also its been raining too. I was told that can be a factor i could be wrong.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:03 AM
Ok i just went through the history on the car. the spark plugs and the coild were replaced 06/24/2013 could it be possible they are going bad again?

Old 11-24-2014, 07:21 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Could be, but it could also be getting wet. In general you normally only feel the misfire when at idle, it kinda jumps a bit. What I would suggest is to let the car dry out for a few days then check it again.

Coil packs go bad, sometimes for no reason, however it could also be a bad spark plug.

Ok i just went through the history on the car. the spark plugs and the coild were replaced 06/24/2013 could it be possible they are going bad again?

Old 11-24-2014, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by FLA996TT
Could be, but it could also be getting wet. In general you normally only feel the misfire when at idle, it kinda jumps a bit. What I would suggest is to let the car dry out for a few days then check it again.

Coil packs go bad, sometimes for no reason, however it could also be a bad spark plug.
It has been raining all weekend too.....

Old 11-29-2014, 08:52 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
It has been raining all weekend too.....
My 03 Turbo has misfired at cold start 3 times. The 1st and 3rd times were the first start after the car sat out all night in a good rain storm. The 2nd time the car sat out all night in a hotel parking lot during which time a deep/heavy marine layer with considerable fog came ashore.

The engine felt just a bit rougher than usual -- the Turbo engine cold is kind of rough sounding to begin with -- and had me kind of thinking something was amiss (no pun...) and sure enough the CEL came on.

But the engine smoothed out as it idled -- I always let a cold engine idle a bit before driving away -- and that was that. I read the codes and they were P0300 and one or more P030X where X is 1 to 6. I cleared the error codes and that was that. In one case I didn't even bother to read the codes I was in a hurry and when I returned to the car and started the engine the CEL went out on its own.

I suspect the coils are due to be changed. The plugs were replaced not too long ago and the tech reported the coils looked OK but when I picked the car up it misfired on the way home. Oh, that's right it has misfired 4 times now. This last time was probably due to the car having been washed after servicing.

My mistake for not just telling the tech to replace the coils.

The engine never misfires on a warm or hot start and never misfires at any other times even under full load, so I'm going to nurse these coils for a while until sometime in Dec. when I plan on hitting the road and I'll be back east in the car and I can stop in at say the Springfield MO Porsche dealer and get new coils installed.