996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

TiKORE titanium lugs bolts vs. OEM

Old 01-22-2015, 11:22 AM
Porsche99 is on a distinguished road
I have another viable option that is $200.00 less from an American Company in Florida. In my opinion, they look even nicer than the standard bolt....

There are options folks and I would be willing to bet that competition will change somebody's pricing in the near future.
We all are not Baller's or Republicans - just say'n............

http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/...el_Bolts_.html

Porsche Titanium Wheel Bolts

SKU:
$524.95

Old 01-22-2015, 11:53 AM
dporto is on a distinguished road
Hmmm, ^very interesting^! Did you happen to read all the way down the page? If not, see here... (it's at the bottom of their page)
"Note on installation: Titanium Wheel Bolts should be installed using hand tools, never use air tools to install Titanium Lug Bolts, anti-seize compound is recommended when installing any wheel bolts this will protect the threads on both sides. Please torque your wheel bolts at manufacturer`s specification and re-check from time to time."

Yes, that says "ANY WHEEL BOLTS"... so, explain WHY anti-seize or SS shouldn't be used for lug bolts? ** Please include Facts as opposed to declarations like "it was never meant for automotive use" I'm not trying to be snippy here, I've just never heard this assertion before, and honestly find it hard to believe.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by dporto
Hmmm, ^very interesting^! Did you happen to read all the way down the page? If not, see here... (it's at the bottom of their page)
"Note on installation: Titanium Wheel Bolts should be installed using hand tools, never use air tools to install Titanium Lug Bolts, anti-seize compound is recommended when installing any wheel bolts this will protect the threads on both sides. Please torque your wheel bolts at manufacturer`s specification and re-check from time to time."

Yes, that says "ANY WHEEL BOLTS"... so, explain WHY anti-seize or SS shouldn't be used for lug bolts? ** Please include Facts as opposed to declarations like "it was never meant for automotive use" I'm not trying to be snippy here, I've just never heard this assertion before, and honestly find it hard to believe.

I told you not to use Stainless Steel. I am not going to go any further than that. 'search' is your friend.

As for anti-seize............are you telling me you never use this on your regular Steel lugs???? Shame on you if you don't. That is Porsche common sense my friend

Old 01-22-2015, 12:23 PM
Here's another 'AMERICAN' Company that has the SAME exact Specs:

http://www.vertexauto.com/ShowItem/2...olt%20Set.aspx

Special Notes
Material:Titanium 6al4v GR5

- Made from 6al4v GR5 Grade 5 TiTANIUM material that has an excellent strength to weight ratio
- Product is made to very strict tolerances
- Precision manufacturing
- Almost half the weight of stock! Huge weight savings and greatly reduces unsprung weight from the wheels
- These are beautiful compared to stainless steel, Steel and Aluminum versions. Titanium will not rust and is more durable.
- Titanium is the best of the best, for people who want the absolute best!

Old 01-23-2015, 05:37 AM
Originally Posted by Porsche99
I told you not to use Stainless Steel. I am not going to go any further than that. 'search' is your friend.

As for anti-seize............are you telling me you never use this on your regular Steel lugs???? Shame on you if you don't. That is Porsche common sense my friend
Seriously? "I told you not to use Stainless Steel." That's your answer? Uh, ok dad... As for anti-seize, "are you telling me you never use this on your regular Steel lugs????" I never said any such thing - perhaps you should brush up on your reading comp. skills...

Old 01-26-2015, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by dporto
Seriously? "I told you not to use Stainless Steel." That's your answer? Uh, ok dad... As for anti-seize, "are you telling me you never use this on your regular Steel lugs????" I never said any such thing - perhaps you should brush up on your reading comp. skills...

There are somethings a Father should never share with his son, son.

This is one of them. So get your butt up and clean your room!
That model of the 996 will never come to fruition unless you pass 2nd grade. Your teacher tells me that your Grammar, Comprehension and Spelling are at a new-born level!

Last edited by Porsche99; 01-27-2015 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
Customer submitted picture of his TiKORE titanium 2-piece Porsche lugs installed.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by Porsche99
There are somethings a Father should never share with his son, son.

This is one of them. So get your butt up and clean your room!
That model of the 996 will never come to fruition unless you pass 2nd grade. Your teacher tells me that your Grammar, Comprehension and Spelling are at a new-born lever!

... ! Ok, old man... Now if I could just get you to share your Tikore lug nuts

Old 01-29-2015, 01:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
Check out the gallery put together on Flickr of all cars bolted on by TiKORE.

#WELUGWHEELS

https://www.flickr.com/photos/88463751@N05/

Old 02-04-2015, 08:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
Bolts can be beautiful too (video made by one of our customers who stopped by the machine shop)

Old 02-18-2015, 09:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
Porsche 911 turbo upgraded with a set of TiKORE titanium 2-piece Porsche lugs, bright machined finish, to bolt on his new ADV.1 wheels.

Made in house (U.S.A.)

#welugwheels

For custom lengths over OEM e-mail CFallon@tikore.com

Old 03-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Basic Sponsor
New GoPros arrived at the shop!

Here are some test shots of our shop cars bolted on by TiKORE titanium lug bolts and fasteners made in house (center caps made in house too

And NOW AVAILABLE - TiKORE CAR CLEANING PRODUCTS

With such a high quality product we manufacture, it is time to compliment this with our very own top of the line car care products.

Full product line here >>> http://www.tikore.com/auto-detailing/

Old 04-21-2015, 01:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
Customer submitted photos of his new setup.

TiKORE 2-piece Porsche bright machined finish titanium lugs bolting on a set of ADV.1 wheels.

For custom lengths over OEM we have a drop down menu online to accommodate spacer sizes or feel free to e-mail CFallon@tikore.com for a quote.

#weLUGwheels

*NEW TiKORE CAR CARE Products Available now as well!

Get back in touch with your car!

https://vimeo.com/125350739

Old 05-13-2015, 12:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
*Bump

Also check out TiKORE Precision Series car care products on the website!

http://www.tikore.com/auto-detailing/

Old 05-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
Customer submitted photos from his install at Vinnie's Exotics in Baton Rouge, LA.

http://www.tikore.com/

*For custom lengths over OEM e-mail CFallon@tikore.com

**Also anyone equipped with TiKORE lugs send us your photos to add to the gallery #weLUGwheels

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TiKORE titanium lugs bolts vs. OEM