996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

thought's on Fabspeed competiton intake sys ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 10:20 AM
skeeler will become famous soon enoughskeeler will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by HOUSE Motorsports
Thanks for the kind words Joe - appreciate it, and definitely happy to be part of your build !

Another one we did a few weeks ago - these pieces are VERY nice guys

And yes...we love bolt ons too LOL!
Confirmed.......I love it and it just flat out looks awesome in the engine bay.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:53 AM
gsieck will become famous soon enough
I got the single tube a couple of years ago. Sound is very good and butt dyno feels good. If you're in CA keep the stock air box because the smog ***** won't pass your car with this intake.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:23 PM
BTERRY1 is on a distinguished road
I often wondered with these about water entering the compartment with rain. With stock the filter is protected and what does make it down the snorkel passes through the drains in the bottom.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:27 PM
bongoboyla is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BTERRY1
I often wondered with these about water entering the compartment with rain. With stock the filter is protected and what does make it down the snorkel passes through the drains in the bottom.
I have the K&N cold air intake which comes with a hydrophobic sleeve that keeps moisture out (while sacrificing some airflow)

I've never had any problems in the rain. I just pull the sleeve at the track.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:00 PM
Slopeslider2 has a spectacular aura aboutSlopeslider2 has a spectacular aura aboutSlopeslider2 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BTERRY1
I have the single version and have had no issues with water / rain. I'm sure if it was submerged then you would have a problem. Looks awesome and sounds even better when coupled with a high performance exhaust and 200 cell x-pipe. Almost turbo like waste gate sound when deaccelerating .

Name:  image-690430007.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  445.9 KB

Old 02-23-2015, 03:43 AM
996lee is on a distinguished road
anyone had their bootlid cut and had the air scoop/feed as per the left added to the right to make sure the right cone has an air feed?
as want this done on mine but not seen it done yet

Old 02-24-2015, 03:16 PM
RGrove has a spectacular aura aboutRGrove has a spectacular aura about
I guess ill be the contrarian (somewhat). I have the dual intake (wife got is for me as a birthday present when they first came out).
It looks beautiful, and it does sound great. But I would tell you the fit, documentation, and support all leave a lot to be desired.
First, mine came with zero documentation. Not a complex install, but a few things, like relo of SAI and the orientation of the mounting arm should have been documented for something that costs this much vs. me "figuring it out"
Bigger issue I have is that it rubs on the bottom of the fan housing under the decklid. Ive gotten a nice wear mark into the CF in the first few hundred miles, and the problem persisted even after I readjusted the intake orientation as far "down" as it can go with the coupler. A small divot on the top of the unit would have ensured its not a problem. I ended up having to dremel one of the fan supports somewhat, which I was NOT happy about doing...and im still not sure that the issue is completely solved.
Also, even with the filters on as far as they can reasonably go, the end of one still hits on something in the engine bay (not looking at the car right now, don't remember what; maybe the base of the decklid strut/mount?).
Also, attempts to get any of these issues resolved, or even discussed, went unanswered by fabspeed.
In the end, none of these are huge things, but for something that costs so much more than a competitors product, seems silly.
Just my 2 cents; like I said it still looks great, sounds great, and feels like it added some mid range and top end pull.
YMMV

Old 02-24-2015, 05:05 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Thanks for the heads up. Just received mine today. I'll install it this weekend & make sure to check all fitting b4 I do a test run

Old 02-26-2015, 07:57 AM
RGrove has a spectacular aura aboutRGrove has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MkC2
Thanks for the heads up. Just received mine today. I'll install it this weekend & make sure to check all fitting b4 I do a test run
Yes, be sure to double check for clearances....I'm not the only one with an issue. On mine, it rubs on one of the ribs on the fan cage under the decklid.
I also think its interesting to have not heard from fabspeed in this thread after my post....but oh well.
Good luck!

Old 02-27-2015, 06:07 PM
peteb3 is on a distinguished road
My rubs in same spot - on fan housing
I also had to "loogle" the install tips especially for the SAI
Other issue is slight vibration of the carbon heat shield, not really good solution in fastening it via the holes that the air box used to sit in

I also upgraded to the 82mm gt3 throttle body
The fit is even tougher to the intake via the supplied silicon hose because of the larger diameter
Needed to get different clamp as well

Still a nice intake but agree for the money they could have done more

Old 02-27-2015, 08:43 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
If anyone has any fitment issues, please feel free to reach out to us - service@fabspeed.com or contact me directly at Joe.Neill@fabspeed.com, or even give your Fabspeed distrubutor a shout, any of us would be happy to assist!

Old 03-01-2015, 09:22 AM
BigDaddy will become famous soon enoughBigDaddy will become famous soon enough
I have the same issues on my 2000 996 Cab with the Fabspeed Carbon comp. Intake.
I already took some plastic away from rotor basket but still scratching on the carbon tube

Old 03-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Some times the intake needs to be adjusted so that it does not make contact. Considering the intake couplers are rubber, the intake can be mounted in a way that will cause it to make contact, so you will want to make sure that everything has clearance before shutting the rear bonnet and going for a drive.

Hopefully Jason from House Motorsports can chime in here as well considering he has installed quiet a few intakes as well.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
What we've found the majority of the time that there is any contact or rubbing is that fine adjustment is necessary. Sometimes slightly rotating pieces, etc can get things to line up much better!

The performance and sound enhancement kinda overshadows any adjustment but we make sure to do that before it leaves the shop!

Old 03-02-2015, 11:09 AM
peteb3 is on a distinguished road
Mine is adjusted as low as can be, but it still rubs

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: thought's on Fabspeed competiton intake sys ??