996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

thought's on Fabspeed competiton intake sys ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 01:33 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
thoughts on Fabspeed competiton intake sys ??

Does anybody have this intake sys in their car? I'm thinking of getting it. My C2 currently have their red tube but I want something better. Look wise, it's so much nicer with the double filter than K&N. it's a little pricey, but I think its well worth it.

Last edited by MkC2S; 02-18-2015 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:35 PM
peteb3 is on a distinguished road
I have it on mine
Nice piece
Nice sound at wide open throttle
Also had the red hose before
Just don't expect a huge HP bump

Old 02-14-2015, 04:36 PM
peteb3 is on a distinguished road

Old 02-14-2015, 05:14 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
wow. it does look nice. I didn't feel any or a little HP gain on the tube so this won't be a surprise either.
thx 4 the pic

Old 02-14-2015, 05:53 PM
996lee is on a distinguished road
got one in mine too and love it
the sound is epic!

uploaded a vid on youtube that gives you an idea of what it sounds like although does it no justice really

Old 02-16-2015, 07:29 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
I have the Evoms but don't notice it as my exhaust drowns it out. I really don't understand why people spend money to get intake noises instead of just using the money to get an exhaust first, which actually gives you a bit more power as well.

My $.02

Old 02-16-2015, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
I do agree, the competition intake does look stellar when you open up the rear bonnet and peer into the engine bay!

We did see quite a power increase as well, chart below:

Old 02-16-2015, 12:38 PM
silverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by alpine003
I have the Evoms but don't notice it as my exhaust drowns it out. I really don't understand why people spend money to get intake noises instead of just using the money to get an exhaust first, which actually gives you a bit more power as well.

My $.02

Did the Evoms as well, fabspeed only had the singleintake when I was shopping

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
005 (3).JPG (261.1 KB, 209 views)
Old 02-16-2015, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by alpine003

My $.02
true, I couldn't hear didly too with the red tube cause my AP exhaust drowns it out which was expected. I wanted something that look more appealing when you pop the lid like Joe mention..If I get some Hp, that's great. SC or turbo would look awesome, but 9-10K is way way out of my budget.

thanks for the help guys

Last edited by MkC2S; 02-16-2015 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
We've done a few of the Competition Intakes from Fabspeed here at the shop - the fit and finish is top notch, and if you can hear the mean intake induction noise over the exhaust - it definitely is an improvement over stock!!!

Last edited by HOUSE Motorsports; 02-17-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:20 PM
JVannozzi is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HOUSE Motorsports
We've done a few of the Competition Intakes from Fabspeed here at the shop - the fit and finish is top nothc, and if you can hear the mean intake induction noise over the exhaust - it definitely is an improvement over stock!!!
I ordered the fabspeed super cup exhaust....sound is nasty...also the weight difference between fabspeed and Oem is crazy......

Was so Impressed and pleased with Jason from house motor sports....

Today I ordered headers and the air intake for my 996. Thanks again Jason....u guys Need to message Jason for all your needs!

Old 02-17-2015, 09:31 AM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the kind words Joe - appreciate it, and definitely happy to be part of your build !

Originally Posted by JVannozzi
I ordered the fabspeed super cup exhaust....sound is nasty...also the weight difference between fabspeed and Oem is crazy......

Was so Impressed and pleased with Jason from house motor sports....

Today I ordered headers and the air intake for my 996. Thanks again Jason....u guys Need to message Jason for all your needs!
Another one we did a few weeks ago - these pieces are VERY nice guys

And yes...we love bolt ons too LOL!

Old 02-17-2015, 04:28 PM
Ordered mine yesterday, got a great deal on it. Can't wait to bolt it on.
thanks Jason

Old 02-17-2015, 06:52 PM
Slopeslider2 has a spectacular aura aboutSlopeslider2 has a spectacular aura aboutSlopeslider2 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
I do agree, the competition intake does look stellar when you open up the rear bonnet and peer into the engine bay! We did see quite a power increase as well, chart below:
What is the difference between dual filter and the single with respect to performance?

Old 02-18-2015, 07:42 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Slopeslider2
What is the difference between dual filter and the single with respect to performance?
About .001 whp although others will have you believe something different. If you think an intake can make 15hp without any magic voodoo or major fudging, then the dual intake might make 5-10hp more than single. Sound wise, maybe 1db more.

This is mostly sound performance and aesthetics. I don't open my trunk enough to strangers to justify it. This mod is like babes that do a $300 intricate Brazilian wax on the bottom when only their bf will see it. Not that I would know...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: thought's on Fabspeed competiton intake sys ??