996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

[996] HolmaN's convertible project!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 07:43 PM
HolmaN has a spectacular aura aboutHolmaN has a spectacular aura aboutHolmaN has a spectacular aura about
[996] HolmaN's convertible project!

I've got a 1998 996.1 convertible on 165.000~ KM

in a decent condition which I'll fix up for the summer.

• Install new white led behind the AC-Panel.
  • Order and install new plates.
  • Get a new spare key.
  • Replace key shell on the old key.

Last edited by HolmaN; 03-21-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:45 PM
HolmaN has a spectacular aura aboutHolmaN has a spectacular aura aboutHolmaN has a spectacular aura about
Dectane taillights installed, very pleased with the result.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:45 PM
I changed all the bulbs to led as well, to get a lighter backlit light instead of the old orange and brown one.

BEFORE: (picture stolen from google to show the previous colour)

AFTER:

Old 02-14-2015, 07:46 PM
The spoiler has been painted and mounted. Fits well on the car and will look much better when the car is complete. Lots of parts are still gone since I'm going to do a fister mod on the exhaust once I recive my seats back from painting.
Anyhow, hope you like it.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:47 PM
Mounted LED's on as much spots as I could find today. Here's pics of a few, and a pic to show how it was before.

Before:

After:

Also recived my Novus kit from Ebay today, will spend some time fixing the plastic window during next week. And while I were at it, I replaced the shell on my key + got a new keyring for it.

Another thing I did today was installing AUX.
I bought the following parts:
  • 5M0 973 754 (Aux-in from Volkswagen)
  • 8K0 973 754 (Connection for the aux-in bought above)
  • 4x cabels with the proper connections.
  • 3.5mm AUX cable for Belkin
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/201154298900?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I started by cutting off the 3.5mm male contact from the cable once it was installed into the stereo, cut it open and attached the 3 cabels into the aux in. (If you're doing it yourself, please make sure you get the proper one for right / left etc.) Turned out great. My middle console is still at the paintshop along with my chairs, so will not be able to install it into the car just yet, but everything is working just fine!

AND YES! I've vacuumed the car once I was done with the cables etc. I decide to do it afterwards, so it's all clean now etc. Don't you guys worry. And as mentioned before, I recently bought the car, so the mess is not even mine to begin with haha.
With kind regards, Jonathan.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:52 PM
BONUS: PICTURES OF MY OLD 986 BOXSTER!

Old 02-14-2015, 09:50 PM
bernard.barbour will become famous soon enoughbernard.barbour will become famous soon enough
Wow, subscribed! Great work and I like your mods.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:28 AM
silverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud of
Hi, and welcome! Or should I say välkommen

Great Project - will be nice to follow, if you need inspiration check out my cab Project thread as well, lots of lots of mods there

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ct-thread.html

Old 02-15-2015, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by bernard.barbour
Wow, subscribed! Great work and I like your mods.
Thanks mate, trying to keep it as clean as possible.

Originally Posted by silverfizz
Hi, and welcome! Or should I say välkommen

Great Project - will be nice to follow, if you need inspiration check out my cab Project thread as well, lots of lots of mods there

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ct-thread.html
Tackar
And I've seen your project, looking great!
I really like what you did you your mirrors, I'd do the same if my interior wasn't blue (dark tho).

Old 02-16-2015, 11:01 AM
My seats came back from the paintshop today. The seat scrathes are gone, and they look great! I decide to keep them not fully restored after talking to the person fixing them for me, since the car isn't new and it would look wiered if they were in too good condition when the rest of the car is as it is. The plastic covers on the back of the front seats are also painted in and restored with new matt black metalic paint. They look a little scratched still on the picture for some raeson, but in person, they're in great condition and look new!

AUX was installed into the middle console/panel as well. I did however fail a little making the hole a little too big. But barely noticeable.

Also replaced the former ashtray, and the result is great. The same person who fixed my seats put new black leather on the lid where I added the AUX IN, so the black new "ashtray" part fits well with the other black details.

Hope you guys like it!

With kind regards, Jonathan.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:41 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Trade in your Rolex and get a Turbo kit.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:29 AM

What do you guys think?

Old 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Yes or no?

Old 02-18-2015, 01:14 PM
dporto is on a distinguished road
^Nope^ They look way big...What size are the wheels that are on there now? I'll assume those are 19"'s you're thinking about (and the stocks 17")? The wheels look fine, just the size is n.g. imo.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:29 PM
I got 18" atm, the turbo's are 19".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: [996] HolmaN's convertible project!