996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

ISO Aero / Body Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 06:27 PM
Enemy is on a distinguished road
ISO Aero / Body Kit

Hello to all,

Unfortunately, I've damaged my front bumper after a slip on some icy roads. It has a rather large crack on the lower portion now. My side skirts were already pretty rough from age, too.

I am looking to keep this out of insurance and so the cost will be out of pocket.

I have seen some stuff from Prior Design NA, Misha, and MA Shaw so far. Then there's Andy's Body Kits, which has great pricing and what I'm sure is the lowest quality product.

At the very least, I need a new front bumper and sides, but a full new aero kit would be cool. My car is a Mk1 C2. This is my first Porsche and it's rather new to me. I've only had it 3 months. I'm not very familiar with the choices that are out there.

If anyone can recommend some best bang for the buck options, I would be ever so grateful. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Enemy; 03-06-2015 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:09 PM
http://www.betterbodiesmotorsport.co...odykits19.html

Best bang for buck I've seen this far but have no idea about their fitment and quality. If someone can vouch, or recommend something better, I'd appreciate it.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:39 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Enemy

Best bang for buck I've seen this far but have no idea about their fitment and quality. If someone can vouch, or recommend something better, I'd appreciate it.
I personally would only go OEM due to fitment and durability. If you are ok with FRP, then Precision Porsche has been known to have good fitment/QC/after sales support. They used to be a sponsor too, not sure if they still are. Prior Designs fits good too if you like their designs. Not sure of any support though.

If you rather go aftermarket polyurethane, then GT3tek has a few options. The full poly bumper will be heavier than OEM but stronger than FRP.

Otherwise, stay away from most others.

Last edited by alpine003; 03-04-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by alpine003
That's one of the worst places you can deal with
Originally Posted by alpine003
If you rather go aftermarket polyurethane, then GT3tek has a few options. The full poly bumper will be heavier than OEM but stronger than FRP.
They are the same people, correct me if I'm wrong. Operating out of the same address.

Better Bodies = GT3 Tek
111 West Olive Drive, ste. #DSan Diego, CA 92173
http://www.betterbodiesmotorsport.com/contact.htm
http://www.gt3tek.com/contact.htm

http://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum...s-bumpers.html

Old 03-04-2015, 01:11 PM
cerg82 is on a distinguished road
I have polyurethane front lip, rear diffuser and side skirts from GT3Tek on my cab; due to the flexibility of the material, fitting is simple and straightforward. I also have the fiberglass decklid and wing but that required a lot of work for proper fitting and it's still not too good.
Overall, I'm pleased with their products and the look of the car.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	415561  
Old 03-04-2015, 01:20 PM
cerg82 is on a distinguished road
They are the same people, correct me if I'm wrong. Operating out of the same address.

Better Bodies = GT3 Tek

True! That's funny . As I said, my experience with PU parts is good and fiberglass is not that bad. Customer service was very good and everything shipped out immediately and well packaged.

Old 03-04-2015, 02:43 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
I had their side skirts on previous car and was happy with the fit.

Old 03-04-2015, 03:56 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute

Better Bodies = GT3 Tek

SORRY! I wasn't thinking clearly this morning and got them confused with Wicked Motorsports. I've edited my post as to not cause any further confusion. DOH

Cerg has another alternative which would be to buy a regular OEM front bumper(easily ~$300 on ebay) and get a poly lip from GT3 tek. I believe they have a couple different styles.

If you don't like those, you can always get the Mk2 Cup Car lip and modify to fit regular bumper.

Last edited by alpine003; 03-04-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:49 AM
dporto is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cerg82
I have polyurethane front lip, rear diffuser and side skirts from GT3Tek on my cab; due to the flexibility of the material, fitting is simple and straightforward. I also have the fiberglass decklid and wing but that required a lot of work for proper fitting and it's still not too good.
Overall, I'm pleased with their products and the look of the car.

^Looks awesome!^ How much did the entire "kit" cost you (if you don't mind...)?

Old 03-06-2015, 06:52 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Not a fan.............enough said. OEM is the best option for fitment

Old 03-06-2015, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by FLA996TT
Not a fan.............enough said. OEM is the best option for fitment
I have a problem with "fitment" being the deal breaker. Anything can be fabricated/modified to fit. So what if it doesn't bolt up perfectly on the first try? The body shop knows exactly what to do to make it fit right.

You have two versions of the same body kit. One is OEM Urethane and one is Aftermarket FRP.

For the sake of argument, let's say OEM product costs DOUBLE what the Aftermarket option costs. Then, let's say the installation for the OEM product is HALF what the Aftermarket option costs.

There is still savings with the Aftermarket version, even if install is a little more expensive. We're talking the installation may cost about $500 more, at most. While that OEM product is many thousands more!

I was quoted $8,000 for the OEM Aero Kit, while that BBMD version is less than $2000.

Installation for the Aftermarket may only cost $1,000 more or so. I would still save $5,000.

Then the argument becomes quality and durability. Don't argue about "fitment". Argue quality and durability.

Urethane flexes/bends more (good), but sags more, is more difficult to paint, and if it actually cracks/breaks is basically unrepairable.

Fiberglass may be heavier, flexes less so is more easily broken, but is very repairable and easier to paint and paint match, though the paint may crack or spider web.

I could re-kit the car TWICE with the cost of one OEM kit and that's if I needed to. Chances are, I never will have to go through all of that.

Please don't argue "fitment" between OEM and Aftermarket.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:02 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Okay, I won't. Based on my experience with them you'll get what you pay for. Yup, you'll save some money. And it's your car so as long as you're satisfied it's all good.

And not to argue "fitment" but to me it matters because IMO it's all part of the quality of the part. Just my opinion. And I do have experience with the brands you're looking at.

I have a problem with "fitment" being the deal breaker. Anything can be fabricated/modified to fit. So what if it doesn't bolt up perfectly on the first try? The body shop knows exactly what to do to make it fit right.

You have two versions of the same body kit. One is OEM Urethane and one is Aftermarket FRP.

For the sake of argument, let's say OEM product costs DOUBLE what the Aftermarket option costs. Then, let's say the installation for the OEM product is HALF what the Aftermarket option costs.

There is still savings with the Aftermarket version, even if install is a little more expensive. We're talking the installation may cost about $500 more, at most. While that OEM product is many thousands more!

I was quoted $8,000 for the OEM Aero Kit, while that BBMD version is less than $2000.

Installation for the Aftermarket may only cost $1,000 more or so. I would still save $5,000.

Then the argument becomes quality and durability. Don't argue about "fitment". Argue quality and durability.

Urethane flexes/bends more (good), but sags more, is more difficult to paint, and if it actually cracks/breaks is basically unrepairable.

Fiberglass may be heavier, flexes less so is more easily broken, but is very repairable and easier to paint and paint match, though the paint may crack or spider web.

I could re-kit the car TWICE with the cost of one OEM kit and that's if I needed to. Chances are, I never will have to go through all of that.

Please don't argue "fitment" between OEM and Aftermarket.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by FLA996TT
... I do have experience with the brands you're looking at.
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as defensive on the topic, or even rude. It wasn't necessarily directed at you personally, but people who in general dislike aftermarket due to "fitment".

Would you please share your experiences with us?

Old 03-06-2015, 11:12 AM
First, you did not come off as defensive or rude..no worries..and I didn't take it personally.
As the vendor (s) in question are board sponsors I can't comment here, but privately is another matter, which I would be happy to do. Your choice, we can PM, e-mail, or you can call me, which I would be willing to give you my number as I have in the past to others so long as it doesn't go public. Just let me know you preference.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as defensive on the topic, or even rude. It wasn't necessarily directed at you personally, but people who in general dislike aftermarket due to "fitment".

Would you please share your experiences with us?

Old 03-06-2015, 02:51 PM
Tanner is on a distinguished road
It's ALL about what you like. I've been looking for weeks on body kits and I've think I've seen about every kit for sale. I picked what 'I' think looks good. I ordered a rear bumper form Prior Design here:http://westcoastmotorsport.com/prior...gallery/page/1. Look everywhere, find what you like and get it. I ordered the Freestyle rear bumper, due in next week.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ISO Aero / Body Kit