996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Disappointment at Porsche dealer!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 12:49 AM
porsche911 is on a distinguished road
Disappointment at Porsche dealer!

So I get a call from local Porsche dealer marketing team on 15th of march that I'm invited to the launching of 2015 GTS in local market (Saudi Arabia). I said ok, I might come. She asks to either confirm or decline, as spots are limited. I confirmed. She asked if I'll accompany someone with me and I was told I could get 3 "buddies" along.
Well I thought, I'll get my son (19) and a friend (mid 30s) with me.

So I tell my friend -who is looking into buying something "fun" after his Harley Davidson fever is over and tell him to come along. I also took the chance to introduce my sons (19 and 14) to my passion.

On the 18th We show up at the showroom around 7:30 pm ( event was suppose to be 6-10 pm) and NO ONE was around (except one more guy who seemed to have wandered into the show room.

I was looking around the "new" GTS, when I was approached by a "salesman". I asked him what was the "hype" as I don't see anyone around and he became sarcastic to me saying: sorry we bothered you!
He ignored me - 996 owner looking to stay a Porsche enthusiastic-, a 30 something guy -looking to become a Sports car owner-, 19 year young - who are ,ost interested in these cars and would buy it down the road- a 14 year kid -that's when u make them love the car so they become ur customer- ( he was not even greeted!).
I asked him if he had any posters or give aways for the event, and he said: No!
He mentioned some superficial info about the difference between 991 and GTS - just as any salesman at a used car lot- and let me be...

I was astonished and disappointed....

We left the venue 10-15 minutes after arrival.

I was kinda embarrassed to have my friend and sons brought to what was suppose to be a fun trip .....
We left and as we had time, we passed by Audi showroom. We had more fun their - believe it or not- and spent half an hour before leaving.

I remember becoming in love with Porsche when I was 17 or 18. My first buy was 20 years later....
Just as Porsche markets it......

I guess they need to work on their dealer....

Is it just me who is taking it too sensitively? Or is it something to do with my mid life changes that I see everything done in a wrong way......

Old 03-27-2015, 12:19 PM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah it's all you. High expectations of something you should not really care that much about.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:23 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
I have been to a number of events here in Victoria. Our dealership is absolutely first class. They were amazing events (by invitation only) - food, wine, beer, entertainment and parting gifts. They were probably the best parties I have been to in the last 5 years.

Your dealer sucks. Check out the next one further away.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:12 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Wow, my local dealer really stinks... I have never been invited!

Wait, maybe they don't know who I am...

Old 04-08-2015, 04:28 PM
996inTX is on a distinguished road
What an incredible waste of time. Sorry you had to go through that.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:23 PM
Valkuri is a jewel in the roughValkuri is a jewel in the roughValkuri is a jewel in the rough
Well. I guess I won't be buying MY next new Porsche in Saudi Arabia.
THAT'LL teach them a lesson...