996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

My 996 to 997 conversion on my C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 11:49 PM
UrsaMinor1 will become famous soon enoughUrsaMinor1 will become famous soon enough
Wheels look good loving the colour.....and the clever use of playing cards. The pop of red from the role cage adds that little bit of colour needed.

What's the life expectancing on plastidip on wheels? Can you peel it straight off when It gets tired looking and how might that affect the lacquer on the wheels?

Car looks sweeeeeet buddy, probably the nicest I've seen

Old 07-23-2015, 05:19 AM
Porsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enoughPorsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enough
Thanks Ursa!!! I plan to finish the wheels this weekend. I'll post a daylight pic once I'm done. I want to say the life expectancy is like 4 years or something. I also used the glossifier on it which extends the expectancy for a lot longer. I only drive my car on days I feel like driving it. I NEVER drive it in the rain, snow or even start driving it for the season until I see the street sweepers out. I don't think I'll ever have to worry about it needing to be resprayed due to wear and tear.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:28 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Eeewww... Looks nasty.

J/k you can tell I'm partial to gold and I have custom bronze mix on my wife's SUV. Looking great as usual. Sorry to hear about the roll bar issues but looks like you got it sorted out.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:00 AM
Porsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enoughPorsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enough
Lol alpine!!! I like how your wheels also has the polished lip. Looks sweet with the gold. Yeah I'm pissed about the roll cage. Cost me a grand for it all and I'm only using the portion they sell for 640. I gotta call them and complain.

Old 07-25-2015, 04:19 PM
s6spd is on a distinguished road
That looks like a heck of a lot of work but it turns out exceptionally good!
Always a little better when its DYI.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:33 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Holy, front end, Batman!

Thanks looks freaking, amazing! Wow, I wish I had the guts to do the same project, that is a ridiculous project. I did have to laugh at your initial preamble, everyone has an opinion Congrats! KH

Old 08-22-2015, 05:53 PM
yemni is on a distinguished road
nice modification, warning for every Porsche owner , stay away from wicked motors work. I ordered 99tt upgrade kit to 997, its been 18 months and I have not gotten my complete parts.they sent me a damaged hood and defrauded me of the head lights.

Old 08-22-2015, 08:07 PM
MBO1951 is on a distinguished road
Your thoughts on buying your first Porsche were great to read. I can understand your feelings about this car ad why you want to keep it. Congratulations on doing such a great job and thanks for sharing the process.

Old 08-23-2015, 02:20 PM
carrera4slakem is on a distinguished road
I like the idea. The 996 C4S has one of the best rears ever on a 911. Wide and clean without the turbo spoiler.

The aircooled guys have been mixing and matching parts for decades. Taking the best from each model year. Look at what Stinger charges aircooled owners.

So one of the best rears ever and one of the best fronts ever. You got a winning combo. Curious to see the finished product.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Hey guys sorry it's been a while. My little girl was born recently and I've had my hands full. I appreciate everyone's replies and encouragement. I had a lot of fun with the build and been enjoying it a lot this past summer. Here is an updated photo of the car.

Last edited by Porsche_Shiftin04; 10-10-2015 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:31 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet, congrats on the baby and the completed car. Glad you were able to finish the car before the baby arrived. Got three myself and the car modification schedule and budget are never the same once you have kids. Still waiting for two of mine to get into grade school since private pre-school is sucking my wallet dry.

Old 10-12-2015, 05:24 PM
Lol my kids are 14 months and 3 weeks. I haven't really had to dish out much other than clothes, diapers and formula. I'm definitely not saying it isn't wallet draining but it's only going to get more expensive as they get older. I actually have a little project in the mail right now. I have a set of 997 mirrors on the way from Jeff at Extreme. He contacted me the other night and to tell me he is sending me a gift of 997 mirrors.

I'm telling you guys, Jeff at extreme is the man!! He has kept in contact with me even after my build. He checks in every once in a while and now contacted me to tell me he wanted to send me a gift. I don't know any other car company out their that would do such a thing. When they come in I will be doing a full write up with pictures like I did on my front end build. I would like to wrap the mirrors in carbon fiber like I did the hood. I am also trying to see if I can talk Jeff into making an affordable 997 GT3 rs wing and deck lid for the c4s 996. If he says yes I will definitely let everyone know incase they want to get in on a buy. I know I want one worse than bad. I just can't justify 3 grand for one, sounds like a bit of a rip off.

Old 11-08-2015, 11:07 AM
LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !
If you want to do this again, for profit, let me know. ill ship the car up to you

Old 11-13-2015, 11:41 PM
carrera4slakem is on a distinguished road
996.2 C4S all time favorite stock front and rear bumper.

Old 11-14-2015, 10:14 AM
rotorite is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Porsche_Shiftin04
Lol my kids are 14 months and 3 weeks. I haven't really had to dish out much other than clothes, diapers and formula. I'm definitely not saying it isn't wallet draining but it's only going to get more expensive as they get older. I actually have a little project in the mail right now. I have a set of 997 mirrors on the way from Jeff at Extreme. He contacted me the other night and to tell me he is sending me a gift of 997 mirrors.

I'm telling you guys, Jeff at extreme is the man!! He has kept in contact with me even after my build. He checks in every once in a while and now contacted me to tell me he wanted to send me a gift. I don't know any other car company out their that would do such a thing. When they come in I will be doing a full write up with pictures like I did on my front end build. I would like to wrap the mirrors in carbon fiber like I did the hood. I am also trying to see if I can talk Jeff into making an affordable 997 GT3 rs wing and deck lid for the c4s 996. If he says yes I will definitely let everyone know incase they want to get in on a buy. I know I want one worse than bad. I just can't justify 3 grand for one, sounds like a bit of a rip off.
If you end up working something out for a 997.2 GT3 RS 4.0 style decklid for a 996 4S for a reasonable price, I would definitely be interested .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 996 to 997 conversion on my C4S