996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

My 996 to 997 conversion on my C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 01:46 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Car looks great! I am doing the 997 conversion as well in my garage and appreciate the tips!

Old 06-27-2015, 01:57 PM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
You need to post this in the 996 forums at rennlist. Lots of people need to see this. Looks awesome.

Old 06-27-2015, 03:30 PM
Porsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enoughPorsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enough
Turbojamie, the kit costs me just under 5 grand shipped. It comes with the headlights so that is included in the price. There is no extras needed, it comes with everything needed. The only things I bought was sheet metal screws because the thickness of the fiberglass made it hard to secure the fenders in the wheel well. Other than that nothing else was needed. I purchased better butt connectors and other stuff.

Old 06-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Porsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enoughPorsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enough
Thank you Max, dgreen and Atrox!!

Dgreen if you have any questions while doing the install don't hesitate to contact me.

Atrox, I don't remember my sign on for rennlist lol. If you want to copy and post this thread over there please be my guest buddy. I'm glad you like the way it came out. I know you've been following this since the beginning

Old 06-27-2015, 04:46 PM
Turbojamie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Porsche_Shiftin04
Turbojamie, the kit costs me just under 5 grand shipped. It comes with the headlights so that is included in the price. There is no extras needed, it comes with everything needed. The only things I bought was sheet metal screws because the thickness of the fiberglass made it hard to secure the fenders in the wheel well. Other than that nothing else was needed. I purchased better butt connectors and other stuff.
That's damn reasonable plus about 1500 in paint roughly. Something to ponder for sure! Have you sold any 996 parts to offset the cost?

Old 06-27-2015, 05:35 PM
It is very reasonable if you're able to do it yourself. It's a fun project to do.

No, I kept all my parts. I want all my original parts. This kit is easily reversible

Old 06-28-2015, 10:07 AM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
Do a password reset, I posted a link for you there. Have you driven it yet? Just to make sure panels are secure etc.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:02 AM
I can't do a password reset cause the email it is tied to is compromised.

Yeah I went down the street. Yeah, every panel is bolted on securely in iit's original stock placements. I wouldn't drive the car half finished lol.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:04 AM
I'll have to just make a new profile like I had to do on here. I can't stand hackers lol

Old 06-28-2015, 11:12 AM
I saw the link. Thanks for that and the interest in my build. It has been a lot of fun.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:49 PM
Today I fully finished the car. I installed the gas door and assembly. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be ( wasn't that hard though). My suggestion to anyone doing this kit in the future is to not install the gas door assembly until after all the parts are painted and installed.

I used guerilla glue to secure the assembly in place and then I cut the bottom tabs off the gas door arm. I them hooked the gas door arm up to the gas door. I then used 3m double sided stick tape and placed it on the gas door assembly and then lined the gas door and gas door arm up so it was square on the body. The 3m sticky tape held the gas door where I wanted it and then I applied the guerilla glue. I closed the door and let it fully dry. Once dried I applied a second layer of glue. I plan to brush some paint in where I applied the glue. Not that it will ever be seen but it will drive me crazy if I don't.

The little white spots you see on the carbon fiber is just some dust from when I drilled the hole for the gas door bumper tab.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:55 PM
UrsaMinor1 will become famous soon enoughUrsaMinor1 will become famous soon enough
Been watching and reading this thread with admiration with a sprinkling of envy.
It's been a thread and project to follow, with updates pics and information every step along the way, you must be really proud and pleased, you've done a cracking job....the car looks amazing.

Must a couple of questions all drive related. Is there a noticeable difference in ldrive or handling? Does the front feel much lighter now? More rapid etc

Old 06-29-2015, 06:22 AM
Ursa, thank you for the compliment!! I am very pleased with the turn out. When it comes to drive I haven't noticed a single change in the car. I've only driven the car around my local town. I haven't tracked it where any noticeable changes would probably show itself. All I can speak about it in town driving and it feels no different than my stock front end. The only thing I can report on it the duct at the top of the hood does come up higher than a stock hood does so it does take some adjustment to get used to. It doesn't cause any obstruction of view what so ever. Just not used to seeing that there when I look out the window lol

Old 07-22-2015, 11:05 AM
Updates!

Old 07-22-2015, 06:45 PM
Sorry guys, I know it's been a while. So I got my full rollcage in that supposedly didn't need any welding which was a lie. I decided I was only going to use the bars behind the seats so I painted it red, tore out the backseats and installed it. Not a hard process at all.

I also decided I wanted to try to plasti dip my rims bronze and see what kind of look they bring to the car. I'm very happy with the look. I just did it tonight so I was only able to get one rim complete cause its a multi color process to do so. This weekend I'll finish the other 3. Here's a few pics, let me know what you'll think?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 996 to 997 conversion on my C4S