996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Service Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 01:31 AM
Saberist is on a distinguished road
Smile Update to St Pete service post/plug

After shopping around the labor cost for my ROW suspension kit upgrade and alignment, I decided to take my C4 Cab to Bert Smith. They were actually the lowest cost after the PCA discount (even comparing to the local indies) and the labor is guaranteed for 12 months. I could not have been happier with the service that I received. Bill Smith was my Service Advisor and Ross Ferran was the Service Technician. Both have extensive pre-Porsche performance work experience and were happy to share their knowledge and experience. Bill recommended changing out the contact bearings and some bushings that weren't included with the kit based on the shop's prior experience. I did some quick research online on 6speed and that other site and agreed; there was a minimal charge for parts since the labor was already covered. After the work was done, Ross walked me through the changes with the car on the lift and pointed out some helpful maintenance items. (Did you know that there are cables to manually open the front and rear hoods in the event that the battery dies? I don't recall seeing that in other posts. Ross adjusted them so that I could have easy access for the future.) While the car was in the shop, I also had the convertible top repaired; it was done at a reasonable cost as well. As an added bonus, Ross fixed some minor items for me using some spare bits he had in his toolbox at no additional charge. As i said earlier, I was very happy with the service and thought the repair charges were actually quite reasonable. By the way, the car rides on rails now!

Old 08-05-2015, 06:19 AM
porschemama will become famous soon enoughporschemama will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by bernard.barbour
Gracious Porshcemama, it's good to be back. No the speed yellow one belongs to my Brother in Law. We've always had some kinda Porsche's around for years
Ah, ok. I thought I spotted you on FB's 996 turbo site so I had assumed it was yours too. Like you, I don't think it will be my last either.