996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Service Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 08:38 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Service Today

Well took the P-Car in for an oil change, coolant flush, and new spark plugs and they gave me a Porsche Cayenne to use Pretty cool SUV.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:27 PM
bernard.barbour will become famous soon enoughbernard.barbour will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by FLA996TT
Well took the P-Car in for an oil change, coolant flush, and new spark plugs and they gave me a Porsche Cayenne to use Pretty cool SUV.
Where do you go? Tampa? I'm new to St Pete, looking for a god shop. Thanks

Old 07-04-2015, 10:23 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
I go to Reeves Porsche, you get 15% discount if you're a PCA member and the services are second to none. If youi go ask for Chuck Henery he's an excellent advisor. I'm sure Bert Smith is just as good over there.
Stay away from Vortex in Tampa. I don't care for most indy shops as they are usually small and not clean.

Originally Posted by bernard.barbour

Old 07-06-2015, 07:29 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
They didn't "give" it to you, it's all included in the bill. just out of curiosity(since I never go to the dealers) how much do they charge for those services?

Old 07-06-2015, 08:04 AM
KoB
KoB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by alpine003
They didn't "give" it to you, it's all included in the bill. just out of curiosity(since I never go to the dealers) how much do they charge for those services?
And, do they have a barista? 😏

Old 07-06-2015, 09:46 AM
They do have a nice coffee bar

Originally Posted by KoB
And, do they have a barista? 😏

Old 07-06-2015, 09:47 AM
I was out the door just over $800

Originally Posted by alpine003

Old 07-06-2015, 10:00 AM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
They do have a nice coffee bar

and that's included in the bill also.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:28 PM
Saberist is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bernard.barbour
Hi Bernard, welcome to St. Pete! Bert Smith is fine for a dealer; though they generally provide VW's instead of Porsche's for loaners. Typical dealer charge of $250 for an oil change. I go to Rene at Action Imports - he's a former Mercedes wrench and has a number of Porsche clients. I think he charges $100/hr for labor and $150 for an oil change at his shop for comparison purposes. Rene is a good, honest guy and track enthusiast. There is also European Performance; I haven't gone there yet, but have heard positive things about them from a reputable body shop that I use. Please report back if you decide to go there.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:02 PM
bernard.barbour will become famous soon enoughbernard.barbour will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Saberist
Hi Bernard, welcome to St. Pete! Bert Smith is fine for a dealer; though they generally provide VW's instead of Porsche's for loaners. Typical dealer charge of $250 for an oil change. I go to Rene at Action Imports - he's a former Mercedes wrench and has a number of Porsche clients. I think he charges $100/hr for labor and $150 for an oil change at his shop for comparison purposes. Rene is a good, honest guy and track enthusiast. There is also European Performance; I haven't gone there yet, but have heard positive things about them from a reputable body shop that I use. Please report back if you decide to go there.
Thanks I certainly appreciate the info. I do a little wrenching myself and plan to go to MacDill AFB Autocraft Shop. They have a lift, most of the tools etc for only $6.00 an hour. If any of you all in the area want to go sometime and we wrench on the Porsches just let me know. I do oil changes myself, brakes, detailing work and a few other preventive things as well but sometimes I need an indy for other work. Right now I have a broken door latch on the drivers side and am debating if I want to tackle taking the panel off and all that or taking the car to an indy. I will probably call Rene as you suggested and set it up. Thanks again and hope to see some of you all at Cars & Coffee, Porsche Club meet ups etc. in the Tampa/St Pete area. Living at Mad Beach and loving it. Cheers.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:03 PM
porschemama will become famous soon enoughporschemama will become famous soon enough
Bernard, I thought you reside in Belize? I had hoped to make it there for the lobster festival.

Old 07-17-2015, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by porschemama
Bernard, I thought you reside in Belize? I had hoped to make it there for the lobster festival.

Hahahahaha, we are back! It was great adventure. We spent 6 months living in Belize and then two more months on the road driving though Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, and Nicaragua. We were looking for a retirement spot/ 2nd home. In the end what we learned is that there is no place like the USA and we ended up buying a nice condo by the beach here in St Petersburg. We did make a lot of good friends and will be going back down again soon. Here's a link to our blog about our journey.

PS I sure was missing my P-car sitting back at my Sisters house while we were gone. That girl had no problem racking up the miles and enjoying the car, lol. Which of course I wanted it driven.

http://caoexpeditions.com/

Old 07-17-2015, 03:44 PM
porschemama will become famous soon enoughporschemama will become famous soon enough
Well, I'm here getting my hair colored and cut so I have plenty of time to read up on your adventures! Welcome back then and we definitely enjoy our visits to FL. Is that your speed yellow as well?

Old 07-17-2015, 04:02 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure your 996 will be very happy once you get it back.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 07-17-2015, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by porschemama
Well, I'm here getting my hair colored and cut so I have plenty of time to read up on your adventures! Welcome back then and we definitely enjoy our visits to FL. Is that your speed yellow as well?
Gracious Porshcemama, it's good to be back. No the speed yellow one belongs to my Brother in Law. We've always had some kinda Porsche's around for years

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Service Today