996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Lower Cost Titanium Lug Bolts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 11:12 AM
dporto is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by white out
Those threads look fine, the "chunks missing" are reflections.

Oh, really? Who are you, the photographer? I just looked at the website again - they're not reflections...If you have any doubt, use the zoom function. There's one photo that shows a crushed or partially sheared thread on one bolt and several show either chunks or peen marks at the bottom of the crowned washer/spacer (so the washer doesn't fall off?).

Old 08-25-2015, 11:49 AM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dporto
"You see chunks broken out of the threads? Really?"

Yes, really... Are you saying you can't see what I'm talking about, or you haven't bothered to look? Take a look, and tell me what you see - or better yet what I'm seeing. BTW, your cell phone photo's in this thread are better quality than the photo's on your website! Call it "marketing" if you like, but quality photo's that represent the ACTUAL product that your clients/customers receive is very important, and not something to be taken lightly. In addition, if you're trying to compete with a more expensive product, you better be prepared to list all the material spec's (as Tikore does) so we can compare the products in an "lug bolts to lug bolts" fashion. Even at $250 for a set (which seems very reasonable for Titanium) you're still in "expensive" territory for lug bolts...

* I have no affiliation with Tikore, but they seem to be the defacto standard when it comes to Titanium lug nuts, or as they like to say "Jewelry for your car" lol...
As for the grade, it is GRADE 5 TITANIUM which is stated in the post you are referring to with this one.

As for the photos, I only put photos up because people wanted to see the product so I took them myself. Their is a set off to get more professional pictures taken but that is taking a while for me to get them back.

I build these lug bolts on the weekend for you guys. I am not trying to gouge anyone nor pay my bills with lug bolt sales. I am using the resources that I have available to me and I am providing a service for Porsche enthusiasts. The ONLY reason that I started making these is because I made a set for my own car, then I made sets for my friends cars and then some of their friends wanted some so I started selling them.

There are plenty of people who have purchased them on the forums and I am sure that they can review the product once they receive it.

Every product at every price point will have a critic. It doesn't matter if it is the one that I am making or the one that Tikore is making. Its the same for every product in every industry.

My goal is to just provide incredible value and I believe that I have achieved that.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD
As for the grade, it is GRADE 5 TITANIUM which is stated in the post you are referring to with this one.

As for the photos, I only put photos up because people wanted to see the product so I took them myself. Their is a set off to get more professional pictures taken but that is taking a while for me to get them back.

I build these lug bolts on the weekend for you guys. I am not trying to gouge anyone nor pay my bills with lug bolt sales. I am using the resources that I have available to me and I am providing a service for Porsche enthusiasts. The ONLY reason that I started making these is because I made a set for my own car, then I made sets for my friends cars and then some of their friends wanted some so I started selling them.

There are plenty of people who have purchased them on the forums and I am sure that they can review the product once they receive it.

Every product at every price point will have a critic. It doesn't matter if it is the one that I am making or the one that Tikore is making. Its the same for every product in every industry.

My goal is to just provide incredible value and I believe that I have achieved that.

Thanks for replying - You make some fair points. A few more questions... How long does it take to "get photo's back" these days? For some reason, I thought it was practically instantaneous. You still didn't address my point about the damaged threads or the peen marks. **You should also work on your spelling if you expect people to take you seriously

Old 08-25-2015, 01:10 PM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for replying - You make some fair points. A few more questions... How long does it take to "get photo's back" these days? For some reason, I thought it was practically instantaneous. You still didn't address my point about the damaged threads or the peen marks. **You should also work on your spelling if you expect people to take you seriously
If I was paying for photos I would probably have them back quicker but since I am getting them done for barter I guess I need to be patient.

As for the problems with the photos, I guess you should wait until I have better photos up and decide if you have a problem with them. The instant photos that you refer to were already done with my phone and that did not satisfy you. Are you a professional photographer that delivers instant photos to your clients? Pretty much every other product that you see on the internet has been edited and photoshopped so I would take everything I see in those pictures with a grain of salt.

As for being taken seriously, that's up to you if you decide to do that or not. You obviously do not take me seriously and that's entirely your choice. Hopefully the people that purchased lug bolts from me are completely happy with the products and services that I have provided to them. I also hope that they are happy with the price that they paid and I'm just glad that they took me seriously.

I already knew that someone would blast me about my lame pictures because that is what happens around here but since many people wanted to see photos, I wanted to post something.

I guess I should say that I am sorry that I could not satisfy you with my lug bolt post.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:52 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
I thought the photos were fine. I wouldn't criticize a product based on pictures. If you buy the product and feel the pictures were not an accurate reflection of the actual product - that would be reason for some recourse.

If you don't like what the pictures show - don't buy the product. I don't know what you expect the seller to say:" Yes, there are chucks out of the threads, but it's a great product anyway"?!?! I believe the seller has clearly indicated the product is great and has no flaws. What more do you expect him to say? If you don't believe him, don't purchase from him, but continuing to question his credibility post after post won't help anyone.

Old 09-02-2015, 12:15 PM
white out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to behold
Oh, really? Who are you, the photographer? I just looked at the website again - they're not reflections...If you have any doubt, use the zoom function. There's one photo that shows a crushed or partially sheared thread on one bolt and several show either chunks or peen marks at the bottom of the crowned washer/spacer (so the washer doesn't fall off?).
I have no association with the lug bolts, but thanks for the attack. You've made the point that you don't like this product or the picture quality and you want to fight about it.

As far as the basis for my opinion on the threads, I make 996 2WD conversion stubs out of stainless and Lamborghini 2WD conversion stubs out of titanium. What basis do you have to justify your opinion on the quality of these parts?

Last edited by white out; 09-02-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:54 PM
Former Vendor
Here are some professional pictures of the Porsche Lug Bolts.

Name:  20%20standing.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  132.4 KB

Name:  1%20laying%20down.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  74.4 KB

Name:  1%20up%20and%201%20down.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  89.7 KB

Name:  2%20laying%20down.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  75.8 KB

Old 09-03-2015, 05:58 PM
white out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to behold
Those look really good.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:27 AM
"Those look really good."

Yes, they do!

Old 09-06-2015, 05:00 AM
Saberist is on a distinguished road
Purchaser review

I bit at this one, for about a third of what similar "branded" products cost including shipping. I received them in the mail last week. While I haven't installed them yet, they look about as expected. (They're lug bolts.) Some of the threads are slightly dinged but they look 100% functional. The dings may be a result of handling but the threads feel smooth enough so I don't think there will be any issues with installation. The threads are not cosmetically perfect though, so if that's important to you don't buy them. As I said, they look totally functional and you will never see the threads once installed. The heads look fine - nice and shiny.

This is an independent review and I am not at all affiliated with the seller. I'm glad that he posted the offer to fellow forum members because I probably wouldn't have considered the purchase otherwise. As always, it's caveat emptor but I'm happy with my purchase.

Old 09-14-2015, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor
Here are some before and after pictures from a customer that purchased the titanium lug bolts.

Attached Images      
Old 09-18-2015, 12:59 PM
Former Vendor
Now available on the site with spacer options.

Packaging has forced a slight price increase and longe bolts are a little more expensive for spacer options.