996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Lower Cost Titanium Lug Bolts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold

We bought a Swiss Screw CNC machine earlier this year and we decided to make some titanium lug bolts while we were set up to do some titanium jobs for some other customers. Since we have all the tooling already for other jobs we are able to make these at a pretty low cost.

I am only making them in the stock length right now and we will do them with the factory floating washer. Our machine is brand new this year and is very accurate so you can be assured that you are getting a quality piece and an incredible price.

Please PM me for a price if you are interested and I will be able to judge how many sets I should make. I will be running them this weekend.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:27 AM
dan_189 is on a distinguished road
What are the benefits to titanium lugs? Lighter, stronger?

Thanks

Old 08-13-2015, 09:16 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
yes please let us know, interested

Old 08-13-2015, 10:08 AM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
The biggest benefit is that they are lighter, they are about 1/3 of the weight of the stock ones.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:39 PM
tdream1 is on a distinguished road
PM sent.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:50 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by tdream1
PM sent.
PM replied

Old 08-18-2015, 03:52 PM
Former Vendor
I didn't get the professional pictures back today so I took some amateur shots to post.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:18 PM
tdream1 is on a distinguished road
Very nice!

Old 08-20-2015, 09:29 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
please PM Price

Old 08-20-2015, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor
You can go directly to this link for a price and to order. I have had a couple of problems with international orders going through the website but I think it's fixed. If you still have a problem with international you can email me directly at CPaisley@world-racing.com.

We ship for free worldwide as well.

Here is the link to order-

ORDER ON THIS LINK WITH FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING. PICK FREE SHIPPING AT CHECKOUT!!!!

Old 08-21-2015, 05:59 PM
Registered PM
Mendocino is on a distinguished road

1 w r t

Last edited by Mendocino; 03-16-2021 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:48 AM
dporto is on a distinguished road
Nice, and what seems to be a pretty reasonable price compared to some others (Tikore for instance). One thing that concerns me is, in several photo's on that website, it looks like there are little chunks of titanium broken out of the threads and the collars of several of the bolts. If you're showing these in your product photo's, I would be very wary of getting a full set in "perfect" condition... Another is the spec's on the "Titanium" used for these bolts. At roughly 1/3 the price of the name brand mentioned, it's hard to believe it's the same material/specifications.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:26 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by dporto
Nice, and what seems to be a pretty reasonable price compared to some others (Tikore for instance). One thing that concerns me is, in several photo's on that website, it looks like there are little chunks of titanium broken out of the threads and the collars of several of the bolts. If you're showing these in your product photo's, I would be very wary of getting a full set in "perfect" condition... Another is the spec's on the "Titanium" used for these bolts. At roughly 1/3 the price of the name brand mentioned, it's hard to believe it's the same material/specifications.
You see chunks broken out of the threads? Really? The titanium is grade 5 which is the same grade that everyone should be using to make bolts.

Sometimes people just feel more comfortable spending more money which must mean that the product has to be better. Everyone has a choice and can spend more money if they like, other companies spend a lot more on marketing than I do so maybe that is what the extra money is for. I only market them on the forum so that does not cost me much.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:03 AM
dporto is on a distinguished road
"You see chunks broken out of the threads? Really?"

Yes, really... Are you saying you can't see what I'm talking about, or you haven't bothered to look? Take a look, and tell me what you see - or better yet what I'm seeing. BTW, your cell phone photo's in this thread are better quality than the photo's on your website! Call it "marketing" if you like, but quality photo's that represent the ACTUAL product that your clients/customers receive is very important, and not something to be taken lightly. In addition, if you're trying to compete with a more expensive product, you better be prepared to list all the material spec's (as Tikore does) so we can compare the products in an "lug bolts to lug bolts" fashion. Even at $250 for a set (which seems very reasonable for Titanium) you're still in "expensive" territory for lug bolts...

* I have no affiliation with Tikore, but they seem to be the defacto standard when it comes to Titanium lug nuts, or as they like to say "Jewelry for your car" lol...

Old 08-25-2015, 09:18 AM
white out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to behold
Those threads look fine, the "chunks missing" are reflections.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lower Cost Titanium Lug Bolts