996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

PSM Control Module toast. Replacement options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 11:00 AM
b2sc is on a distinguished road
PSM Control Module toast. Replacement options?

I've currently got PSM woes on my '04 40th AE. The dreaded 'PSM Failure. Drive to Workshop" message. My indy has had the car for a week now and had traced it to a bad PSM/SBS pre-charge pump.

He replaced that and found the control module is throwing + voltage to the pump ground which probably fried the original pump. Fool me once....

I'd love to be able to replace it with a used module but the Indy states it's coded to the car.

Can anyone confirm this before I send my fried unit out for a $700 rebuilt rather than using a $80 replacement part from a dismantler?

Thanks much.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:37 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
What codes?

Old PSM thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-workshop.html

Seems there are a bunch of parts involved and could be simple as loose pin or sensor?