996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Newest Purchase

Old 11-27-2015, 11:10 PM
Porsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enoughPorsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enough
Newest Purchase

So today I decided it was time to order a rear diffuser for my C4S. I ordered Downforce Sports carbon rear diffuser through Vivid Racing. Vivid has free shipping today, that's all I needed as a reason to buy more parts for my Porsche . I will post detailed pics of the install once I get it in. I also have yet to install my 997 mirrors given to me as a gift by Jeff from Extreme Motorcars. I have finally decided what color I want to paint them and will be doing so in the coming weeks. This pic is a pic of the diffuser I found on google.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-28-01-04-30.png
Views:	102
Size:	657.5 KB
ID:	433797  
Old 11-28-2015, 08:59 AM
dinicor is on a distinguished road
Nice! Post some pics once it's on!

Old 11-28-2015, 12:05 PM
Porsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enoughPorsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enough
I absolutely will. I will try and get some detailed pics and do a write up on the install, fit and finish.

Old 12-02-2015, 02:27 PM
ZABUCH is on a distinguished road
what are they asking for it

Old 12-03-2015, 07:51 PM
bernard.barbour will become famous soon enoughbernard.barbour will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ZABUCH
what are they asking for it
Following this thread. I have an 04 C4S and had been looking for something like this. Thanks, looking forward to your results and impressions.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:48 PM
UrsaMinor1 will become famous soon enoughUrsaMinor1 will become famous soon enough
Rear diffuser look great and will add a little something to the rear of the car but is there any benefit from them or is it more a cosmetic thing? I do like though.

Re 997 wing mirrors, what additional work/modifications to the doors need to be done or are they a plug n play install with no cutting or filling involved?

Old 12-04-2015, 08:13 AM
In this case, I'm thinking it's 100% cosmetic as it's not original to the design of the car. I'm looking forward to the feedback too.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:25 AM
It will create some downforce but nothing to take to the bank. I'm getting this for cosmetic reasons. My car is already quite low and the diffuser will give a more aggressive look to the back of the car.

I paid 900 from Vivid and got free shipping (45 dollar value) cause of black Friday. I have to call them on Monday because it's been a week and my product still hasn't been shipped out. Maybe this is a special order item or something.

The mirrors I got are direct bolt on. The only modification that is needed is extending the existing wire harness. The mirrors are through extreme motocars and they also make a wire extension kit. So, yes it is a direct plug and play with no modifications needed.

Old 12-07-2015, 07:48 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Porsche_Shiftin04
I'm getting this for cosmetic reasons. My car is already quite low and the diffuser will give a more aggressive look to the back of the car.
At least you're honest about it. lol. It's gonna look great on already a great looking car. Can't wait to see it.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:49 PM
Thanks Alpine! I'm pumped to see what it looks like. I think it's going to give the rear end a nice aggressive looking feature.

I spoke with VIVID Racing today and they called the company that produces these diffusers and it is made to order. They were actually working on it when the sales rep checked in on my order lol. They said it should be ready to ship mid to end of next week.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:28 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Porsche_Shiftin04
I spoke with VIVID Racing today and they called the company that produces these diffusers and it is made to order. They were actually working on it when the sales rep checked in on my order lol. They said it should be ready to ship mid to end of next week.
Just think of it as commissioning something to be created and not buying a product. This is what all the ultra rich peeps do. They never just buy "off the shelf".

Later you can tell other peeps that you commissioned your rear diffuser to be made. lol

Old 12-08-2015, 11:06 AM
Lol as long as it looks bad *** I won't mind the wait.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:59 PM
Porsche_Shiftin, that diffuser come in for you yet?

Old 12-30-2015, 04:44 PM
No, I still have yet to receive it. Tracking says Jan 2nd. I found out after the fact that the diffuser does not come with brackets. So, I am going to have to figure out a way to secure the diffuser. I am upset with VIVID for not notifying me about this before accepting my payment. This should be listed on their website. For $900 there should absolutely be brackets included. I have a bad feeling about the product. I just hope I don't have to send it back for a refund.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:18 AM
I finally got my rear diffuser in. I ordered on black Friday and finally just received. I guess due to the holiday it slowed up the production of the diffuser. These items are made to order and I must say even thouhh I am disapointed about the brackets, the difuser is VERY nice and good quality. The diffuser doesn't come with anything to install it. There is 4 holes drilled in the diffuser. I do see the 2 holes that line up to the bumper screw into existing screw ports already from the factory. The rear 2 holes I do not know about yet.

Vivid informed me that there is no mounting brackets for this diffuser, that my body shop would have to custom make some. I was really upset this was not listed on their website. Luckily I am able to create my own brackets if need be. For someone who orders this and is not handy but thinking it's a simple bolt on I would figure in the body shop price as well. The diffuser itself was 900.00 and that doesn't include shipping. There is no reason there shouldn't be mounting bracket with a price that steep. You can buy a carbon diffuser for a Honda for 200.00, from the same company.

I do not know yet how the backside mounts up just yet because I have not been able jack the car up. Once I do I will take detailed pics and inform everyone if/what brackets I had to create. The pictures I have for now are not exactly what it will look like when the back side is bolted up. The under part will raise 1.5 inches or so, once fully mounted. I will take better pics then.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Newest Purchase