996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Yes or No

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 08:50 AM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

PS04
You don't need to remember your tire size , your car is outstanding just the way it is

Old 01-29-2016, 09:56 AM
turbogts is on a distinguished road
my car is a 1999 C4. factory setting with 'extra rigid sport tuned chassis" included the car being 20mm lower already. I a have 19 inch rims (9 front 11 rear width)with 245 front 285 rear tires. so dont think lowering would work........... looks very good they way you have done it. is cornering ability compromised by this?

Old 01-29-2016, 11:45 AM
Stone_05 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NYoutftr
Stone, Sharp looking car

Thanks man! Back at you!

"Stone, car looks sweet!! What drop are your springs? The car looks really low for springs. Maybe it's your tire size? What size tires do you have? That may be why yours rub. My wheels are 19x12 in the rear and 19x9 in the front. My rear tire size is 295/30/19, I forgot my front tire size lol"

Thanks! I want to say the H&R's are an inch or so drop. I got in on a group buy on here a couple years ago I believe. Sometimes it feels pretty low. I'll have to double check and also check my tire sizes as well when I get home. I can't remember off hand. Especially the front! LOL

Old 01-29-2016, 11:43 PM
Porsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enoughPorsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enough
Thank you Ny!!!

Stone, it's probably the tire size and some spring sag. Some springs can sag up to .5 inch. I had a set of H&R springs originally on my car but the drop wasn't enough for me. I like my cars hugging the ground.

Old 01-30-2016, 12:04 PM
vdubjetta02 is on a distinguished road
I am wanting to pull the trigger on H&R springs, but fear my shocks/struts may be original as I just recently purchased the car.... In which case I am looking at new shocks/struts as well as springs...

Old 01-30-2016, 01:39 PM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
vdubjettea
Check out my post on this very subject.
If your current shocks have more than 10K on them, they have already established the wear travel, your lower spring will cause leaking with high degree of probability within 3-4k.
Also, once you have it apart, there are a lot of wearable parts.
Here is a link to my install.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...installed.html

Old 01-30-2016, 04:00 PM
Porsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enoughPorsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enough
vdubjettea,

Listen to NY cause he is right. If you don't know how many miles are on the struts then save yourself the time and head ache and just buy new struts along with the springs.

Old 02-01-2016, 07:48 PM
jifigcar is on a distinguished road
Wondering what your complaint is with the original factory set up? If it is cosmetic only then going to 19s should give you almost the same filling of the wheel wells. And unless you are tracking your car, you will be putting a lot of money into a suspension change that will only make it harder to get in and out of driveways, over parking lot curbs and humps and bumps, and will turn every ripple in the road into new dental work...and well it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Actually the 19 inch wheels don't make much sense either...that's why factory race Porsches run on 18s. On the other hand if you do plan on tracking your car, the best course of action is to drive it bone stock...and only when your own skills can't wring another tenth of a second out of it, only then start spending money on mods. More miles and less mods is the way to get your money's worth out of the car.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:06 PM
911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jifigcar
Wondering what your complaint is with the original factory set up? If it is cosmetic only then going to 19s should give you almost the same filling of the wheel wells. And unless you are tracking your car, you will be putting a lot of money into a suspension change that will only make it harder to get in and out of driveways, over parking lot curbs and humps and bumps, and will turn every ripple in the road into new dental work...and well it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Actually the 19 inch wheels don't make much sense either...that's why factory race Porsches run on 18s. On the other hand if you do plan on tracking your car, the best course of action is to drive it bone stock...and only when your own skills can't wring another tenth of a second out of it, only then start spending money on mods. More miles and less mods is the way to get your money's worth out of the car.
Very well said. For myself I get in a stall and want to do things to the ride. Not dramatic changes but little changes here and there.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:06 AM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
Lowered mine on H&R and my rears rubbed pretty bad. Had 305/30-19's on the rear so had to roll the fenders which was pretty easy. Went back to a 295 and way more clearance. I'm also running a 7mm spacer in the rear to push them out flush.

Don't be surprised if you have to do a bit of fiddling after to get everything perfect.