996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Latest Mods will be...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 10:30 AM
Porsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enoughPorsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enough
Alpine, I literally laughed out loud and the 6 point passenger part.

I'm not tracking my car. There is no need to go overboard as well. For around town this setup works perfectly for me. To each their own. Not my first set of racing seats and harnesses.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:00 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Porsche_Shiftin04
Alpine, I literally laughed out loud and the 6 point passenger part.

I'm not tracking my car. There is no need to go overboard as well. For around town this setup works perfectly for me. To each their own. Not my first set of racing seats and harnesses.
Sorry man but there are always going to be peeps that try to rain on your parade.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:25 AM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
Yikes
Alpine you seem to be no one to mess with!
Ps04, looks like your back is covered.
Now, as far as an Italian with 32" waist???
Those seats would have a stretch mode for me.
Too much pasta here.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:12 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NYoutftr
Yikes
Alpine you seem to be no one to mess with!
Ps04, looks like your back is covered.
Now, as far as an Italian with 32" waist???
Those seats would have a stretch mode for me.
Too much pasta here.
Lol, nah but it's always a pet peeve of mine when others try to spit out safety sermons, especially on a "high performance" enthusiasts website. On a Prius forums, I can definitely understand though.

Just don't mention that you go over 100mph in your Porsche with these same peeps. They'll lecture you on that as well.

Yeah no can do on those seats for me too. 34" here and also eat a lot of pasta. lol.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:15 PM
drsourmonkey is on a distinguished road
Not trolling,I just wanted to chime in about my experiences with seat belts.

As for 4 points, Schroth makes an "ASM" line of belts, where one of the shoulder straps lengthens in the event of an impact (the belt is folded/stitched together lightly, http://english.schroth.com/racing/technology/asm.php there's a huge pdf they published about the tech which I can't seem to find at the moment, but it's useful information for anyone that's playing with seat belts). The twisting motion of the body prevents you from submarining and sliding under the seat (watch old crash videos of lap belt equipped cars and you'll see what I'm talking about). Stock 3 points are actually pretty good at this due to their inherent design of letting your body twist during an impact.

I know he's not driving a race car at race car speeds, and doesn't need a 6 pt., but I'm just trying to highlight the possible issues which can arise from running a 4 point. It's not about the forces of impact, but the potential of sliding out from under the belts (although if we want to go further, I've heard that many US market vehicle air bags are designed with the assumption that the occupants may not be wearing seat belts, so the charge will go off in a way to further restrain the occupants during an impact).

If this set up is what works for him that's fine. It wasn't my intention to insult him or anything like that, so I apologize if I came off as being condescending or Mr. Buzzkillington.

Like you said, there is definitely a time, and a place for everything. It's your own car, and you're allowed to do whatever you want to it, in whatever way. There's no "right" or "wrong" in what we're doing, I'm just presenting another opinion about the subject at hand.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:51 PM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
OK, let's lighten the post and see how nice the seats look and hear about how they feel after installing.
I may have to leave this forum and start one for short fat guys.
I was not aware race seats fit so tight.
I will need one more like a bean bag chair.
I have never seen anyone comment on vertical adjustments, or is that in the slider.
At 5'8, 220#, I may have a hard time finding a seat.
Now you know why my wife of 38 years said if i ever get a race suit, it should be stripped so she can tell if I am walking or rolling

Old 02-10-2016, 06:45 AM
Stone_05 is on a distinguished road
Those seats appear to have the same dimensions as my Rotec ones. I'm a 34 waist and I'm pretty snug in my seat. Add a winter coat and I'm not sure I'd be that comfortable. Not a bad thing but I don't see my waist getting any smaller. If anything....it will start to expand a little. Yeah...daddy likes to eat sometimes. lol

Old 02-10-2016, 07:41 AM
At 5'8, 220#, I may have a hard time finding a seat.
Now you know why my wife of 38 years said if i ever get a race suit, it should be stripped so she can tell if I am walking or rolling
Hey I'm the same height and not too far behind you at ~190lbs on a 34" waist. I like to think it's mainly muscle mass but honestly my peck muscles have gone down while my belly went up over the years, lol.

Generally European and Japanese brands tend have only smaller sized seats with the exception of Sparco and Recaro who make larger framed seats for "thick boned" peeps. Lol.

Now if you can't fit into the larger models carried by these two manufacturers, the only option is those Nascar associated brands like Kirky, in which case, you should trade in your Porsche for a Chevy.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:03 AM
Trade for a Chevy, Alpine
Wow, &$%
I was just thinking you were a good guy

Last edited by NYoutftr; 02-10-2016 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:33 AM
Trade for a Chevy, Alpine
Wow, &$%
I was just thinking you were a good guy
Don't worry, I was being sarcastic as usual but the new Shelby GT350R is no joke.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:41 AM

Old 04-27-2016, 11:14 AM
Stone_05 is on a distinguished road
Porsche_Shiftin04 Almost 3 months and no update???? I don't come to this site often since it's not a very active forum but I was hoping to see the finished product on this. Love the progress!

Old 05-08-2016, 04:51 AM
Porsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enoughPorsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enough
Hey guys, I'm sorry I've been MIA for sometime. I'm in the process of building another new home (selling my current home). This process is long and very stressful, if it's not the bank requesting another document, it's the builder asking something. I've unfortunately haven't had much time to work on the Porsche. I did return the seats I originally posted. I'm too big for them. I'm not fat, but I am a big time gym rat. I'm 215lbs., with a 30 inch waist. So, between my lats and my shoulders I wasn't able to sit all the way back in the seats. I did order another set of seats and did install them. I had to order a set of seat brackets from cobra to get the seats properly fitted in the car. I am currently living at my inlaws so, I don't even get to see the Porsche due to it being in storage. I close on my current house next week and then my new house in another week or two. After I move I plan to order a VF supercharger and to finish all the interior upgrades. I still need to install the rest of the rollcage and a few other items.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:51 AM
Slakker has a spectacular aura aboutSlakker has a spectacular aura aboutSlakker has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Porsche_Shiftin04
After I move I plan to order a VF supercharger and to finish all the interior upgrades. I still need to install the rest of the rollcage and a few other items.
You might also check into a Flat6 Innovations track package. It's more expensive and takes longer but should be a better long term investment. I'm not sure the M96/M97 engines were meant to be supercharged. They have enough deficiencies in stock form.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:31 AM
dporto is on a distinguished road
"Now you know why my wife of 38 years said if i ever get a race suit, it should be stripped so she can tell if I am walking or rolling "

Hahaha ! It sounds like Mrs. NYoutftr has a great sense of humor! At 38 yrs. of marriage, you probably do as well

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Latest Mods will be...