996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

The first to do so!!! 997.2 GT3 rs decklid and spoiler for the C4S and Turbo

Old 07-16-2016, 05:05 AM
Porsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enoughPorsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enough
The first to do so!!! 997.2 GT3 rs decklid and spoiler for the C4S and Turbo

Click the image to open in full size.
Hey guys!! I know.. I know... I've been away for a few months. Things have been non stop since the completion of the new house. BUT here I am, with my next project and another write up. I'm sure you're all saying, "You never even finished the write up on the interior project". It's because I put that project to the side because of the new house. I sold the Bride seats cause I didn't fit in them, and I bought some nice reclinable seats with harnesses. That's the extent of my interior project lol.... I know.... boring.

Ok, so now that we got that out of the way.... let's get into what really matters here. I created a post a while ago about looking to get a custom build for the 997.2 GT3 RS V2 decklid and spoiler for the C4S and Turbo 996.

The other day I came across the company Direct Sales & Design. They had the 997 GT3 spoiler (the one without the metal pedestals) for the 996 Turbo. I called and spoke to Maurice asking if the decklid would fit on the C4S. We ended up talking and I told him how I truly wanted the 997.2 wing. He quickly told me to hold on and talked to the owner Omar. We spent a week back and forth planning everything out and trading measurements.

They already had a mold for both decklids and planned to fuse them together with a custom design..... and have it done within 4 days!! This past Tuesday I was able to speak with Omar to complete the final review of the planes. Omar is one incredible business owner ( exactly like Jeff from Extreme). He put two guys on the job to get the spoiler completed in 3 days and upon my request, sent me pictures numerous times throughout each day of the progress. He is actually on his way to FedEx as I write this with the two boxes to ship out.

Once I receive the packages I plan to continue this write up of the installation and all. These guys at Direct sales are the real deal and puts wicked to shame. If you are interested in this build, give them a call and ask for Maurice or Omar. Even if the 997.2 spoiler and decklid isn't something you fancy ( hahaha yeah... I said fancy) on your 911 but have your own custom idea, CALL THESE GUYS! They will build you ANYTHING custom that you want. Ok, here is the pictures Omar has sent me so far.

Editors note: Due to liability issues and diffulty of insuring delivery and product quality, members may not initiate group buys involving non sponsors as we would have no recourse if the group buy should go bad. They have in the past, which is the reason for this policy.

Old 07-16-2016, 05:25 PM
Porsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enoughPorsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enough
Today I broke my left taillight sooooo I used it as an excuse to buy some 997.2 style taillights from my buddy Jeff at extreme motorworks. I should have them by Wednesday. So now I got the 997 gt3 front end, 997 mirrors, 997.2 decklid and wing, and now 997.2 taillights. I'm just missing the door handles now

Old 07-16-2016, 06:51 PM
A few pics of the trunk lid off and the broken taillight

Old 07-21-2016, 10:21 PM
I got my new tailights in from Jeff at extreme motorcars. Let me just say, these things are so nice!! I can't wait to get them on my car!! I also started working on the new decklid. I had to order the turbo trunk model from Omar because he did not have a mold for the c4s ( don't worry, I'm sending him my c4s decklid so he can make a mold for any future customers). As I'm sure people know, the c4s decklid is just about two inches shorter than the turbo. So I rerouted the hinges and cut the extra inch and whatever off the bottom half. I didn't cut it where the reflector goes cause that just messes up the whole body line. I cut below the duct tail and molded it back together. I still have to sand and prep for paint. I hope to have it sprayed and completed by tomorrow night. Here's how it sits as of right now. FYI - the spoiler is a inch or so higher than it will normally sit. The decklid wasn't fully closed and proped up a bit

Old 07-21-2016, 10:25 PM
This is the correct height of the spoiler and a photo of the new tailights.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:46 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Looking good. With this combo, I think you are definitely going to have one of the most unique rides out there. I can't recall if I've ever seen a wing like this on a c4s here in the states. Keep up the good work!

Now as far as those taillights....

Btw, you run out of gas a lot?

Old 07-26-2016, 07:31 AM
Alpine!! Where you been buddy!?! I got a new cell number, message me and I'll give it to you. Thanks, the car is definitely taking shape into how I always envisioned it to be. Next is some 997 front flares.

I know we both said how we weren't fan of the taillights. Trust me bud, they are WAY better in person and makes our cars look amazing!! Pictures do these tailights no justice what so ever. They are worth every penny! They are wicked cheap for the narrow body. You should look into them.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:27 PM
UrsaMinor1 will become famous soon enoughUrsaMinor1 will become famous soon enough
Cars looking nice pal, a real labour of love it seems. Are the C4S LED lights you bought the same as those Delray Customs sell? I've been umming and arring about these myself but with a silver c4s concerned how they will look with the red reflector stripe. Also the OEM lights have a clear upper whereas the LEDs are red, how will this contrast against silver body where the clear currently blends well.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:41 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Porsche_Shiftin04
Alpine!! Where you been buddy!?! I got a new cell number, message me and I'll give it to you. Thanks, the car is definitely taking shape into how I always envisioned it to be. Next is some 997 front flares.

I know we both said how we weren't fan of the taillights. Trust me bud, they are WAY better in person and makes our cars look amazing!! Pictures do these tailights no justice what so ever. They are worth every penny! They are wicked cheap for the narrow body. You should look into them.
Damn, those front wheel flares should finish the whole look off nicely.

I actually have a set of the older style led taillights sitting on my shelf. Just going to modify them a bit before I install it. The 997.2 versions on the 996(both NB and WB) isn't my cup of tea, mainly due to the non even lines of the white section. However yours should look decent since you'll be losing the center reflective strip which helps it.

Keep the updates coming

Old 07-27-2016, 02:37 PM
cowboyzx6 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Porsche_Shiftin04
This is the correct height of the spoiler and a photo of the new tailights.

So are these the depot lights?