996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

central locking not working properly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 02:24 PM
alfredoborbafilho is on a distinguished road
central locking not working properly

Hello all,

The central lock in my 996 year 1999 , do not lock/unlock the doors when you press the rocker switch .the remote lock when using the key is work find to do lock and unlock but I notice when I lock the car by remote the rocker swith lamp start to flash toghether with the diode of alarm system by 21 times and stop .
the dor do not lock when the car is running and no response when touch the door lock rock switch to open and close . any toughts??

Old 08-13-2016, 10:55 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alfredoborbafilho
Hello all,

The central lock in my 996 year 1999 , do not lock/unlock the doors when you press the rocker switch .the remote lock when using the key is work find to do lock and unlock but I notice when I lock the car by remote the rocker swith lamp start to flash toghether with the diode of alarm system by 21 times and stop .
the dor do not lock when the car is running and no response when touch the door lock rock switch to open and close . any toughts??
Well, a guess is the flashing is trying to tell you there's something wrong, but I do not have the details -- if they even exist of course -- of what that flashing means.

If you had a Durametric you possibly could query the security module for any error codes and from these -- along with some documentation -- know what's going on.

Beyond the above all I have is the standard recommendation you check for water/dampness in the cabin especially under the seats and under the passenger seat in particular for this is where the security module resides.

Check the door carpets and along the bottoms of the doors for any signs of dampenss. A door membrane can fail and let water in the door where it can collect and cause electrical gremlins.

If you find water in the cabin and the doors are dry free of water then the body water drains are suspect. There are a couple under the front trunk lid under the plastic panels that are on either side of the battery box cover.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:21 AM
alfredoborbafilho is on a distinguished road
Hey Macster,

Checks: no water signal contact on module! cleaned the contacts on terminals.
After some electrical investigations with this issue I found a bad contact on front trunk microswitch ( fixed cleaning the terminal contacts) ; the alarm horn not working ( part changed) and the central lock switch not working( switch disassembled and cleaned all contacts with electrical contact cleaner) and Voilá ! the system works perfectly now!

Regards and thanks for help!

Alfredo