996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

header question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 06:43 PM
dgantt is an unknown quantity at this point
header question

Hey all,
I got a 2004 996 C2 that has been lowered. I want a set of fabspeed headers but I'm worried about ground clearance. Anybody have in info of experience with this issue? Thanks. Here is a pic of the car so you can get a visual of the stance. Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-06-09 20.11.14.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	470561

Old 02-28-2017, 03:39 PM
vdubjetta02 is on a distinguished road
I can't imagine the ground clearance will change at all, My X pipe is actually the lowest part of my exhaust... Car looks great though! What rear spoiler is that? It seems to be a tad smaller in height than most aftermarket companies (which I prefer)

Old 02-28-2017, 05:35 PM

My old girl!

Sweet 308 views finally 1 reply. Thanks for the compliment, is your car lowered as well? This is a duck tail spoiler, I'm like you I didn't want a big wing on my car. I thought being a Carrera and a cab it would look simpler yet different with this set up.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:53 PM
jeffz is an unknown quantity at this point
in my experience, headers don't hang any lower than OEM manifold, but they weigh a few lbs. more, and don't do that much for performance. The tips are the lowest point.
Your car looks really sharp!

Old 03-02-2017, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the reply jeffz and the compliment. I've read that headers don't add that much. I am waiting to add a bunch of parts on next year at once. I have a question since it seems you may have some experience with this engine and its exhaust system. Will I lose any low end torque with a CAT bypass or should I get a 100 cell sport CAT. In most N/A cars they need some back pressure. I want to stay with fabspeed as I have their exhaust and headers but don't want to lose any torque since the car comes with not much to begin with.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:10 PM
jeffz is an unknown quantity at this point
I have never dynoed a 996 back to back with and w/o cats. I discourage the practice of driving street cars that don't meet emissions standards.
I was on the TOTS crew at Sebring when 996's were new, and racing w/o cats, and they were the loudest cars on the track, by far. The vettes and vipers sounded like lawnmowers by comparison. I can't imagine anyone driving a car that loud on the street. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:40 PM
tekkie is an unknown quantity at this point
what wing is that? i really like it on the cab

Old 03-04-2017, 09:15 AM

Its a ducktail spoiler, I think I got it from gt3tek. I like it too nothing wrong with the bigger wings but I really like this size myself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.