996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Dialing 911 Need Help !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 08:19 AM
Jahre 40AE is just really niceJahre 40AE is just really niceJahre 40AE is just really niceJahre 40AE is just really niceJahre 40AE is just really nice
Dialing 911 Need Help !!

Ok so here is the story on my 911. I have a 2004 Jahre 40th Ae with 152k miles. The car is great the problems are as follow. Sometimes the car will run PERFECTO no issues at all, pulls hard and drives great,. other times it will only throw a 0302 check engine light, which is a misfire #2 cyl. I have changed the coil and sparkplug, the Indy and the Porsche dealership have both tried to fix this problem, they have done a leak test, compression test, smoke test, im sure they have done every test and nothing, The car will go days, weeks and sometimes months without any issues no CEL's at all. But when The car gets a wild hair in the tail pipe, I will get a CEL 0302 about 5 to 10 times a day but it only happens when im on a dead stop. the car will shake and the CEL light will blink and eventually go solid, if I rev the car pass 2k RPM and leave it there while is blinking the CEL will go away with in 5 seconds. around the same time this issue started my drivers side seat doesn't heat up, the cruise control only works when it feels like, I know those might not have anything to do with it but is worth a shot, If anyone has this issue please I need help. the car have been doing this for 2 yrs now.

Thank you all in advance.

Old 03-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Jahre 40AE is just really niceJahre 40AE is just really niceJahre 40AE is just really niceJahre 40AE is just really niceJahre 40AE is just really nice
WOW viewed by 143 people and no comets

Old 03-10-2017, 04:30 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Came across your call for help on another forum and responded there.

Right now I have nothing more to offer though if you post more info/details I might.

I do wish you all the best in getting this resolved.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:15 AM
RngTrtl is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jahre 40AE
WOW viewed by 143 people and no comets
90% of the people here are the same as on RL who read your other thread there.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:07 AM
rtouzie is an unknown quantity at this point
i had a similar issue... might need to replace your lifters. i replaced all of them while in there... no more problem

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.