996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Extended warranty company?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 09:02 AM
tweety is on a distinguished road
Extended warranty company?

Has anyone heard of or used Great American Insurance Company/Premier Lease & Loan Services?

They are located in Ohio and I fell across them when I tried to locate the parent for Easy Care.
This dude that I talked with yesterday is a wholesaler and was offering a 6/100000 plan for 3 grand/100 ded. It was what he was calling a new car bumper/bumper plan covering everything that the OEM plan did or does.
He said it was a 'named component' plan and when I rattled off those items that fail the most on these cars he told me that they were covered.
Catch is that I have to get this before I fall within the last 30 days of my factory warranty which is next week.
Any unused warranty will be sent back to me as well as moved to the next owner.
It all seems legit and they have a full blown website so if it is a scam, they did a very good job at it.
Any input on these guys would be a plus.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Well I found out more on my own after this post was made. The local dealer has no issue with them so that was the plus I was hoping for.
The company that writes the policy is Continental which I thought I read here somewhere.
6/100000 policy $3047.00
100 ded per visit
transferable
100% parts
100% labor
no emissions (I didn't know that this was 8/80 from factory)

Old 02-24-2007, 02:41 AM
RTRWASH is on a distinguished road
Wow...I jumped into this thread to recommend Warranty Direct to you, but if that's the deal you're being offered, I'd think hard about it. For comparison, I bought a 4yr/75,000 mile warranty from WD for ~$2500. Might want to check with them for self assurance before you pull the trigger.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:21 AM
I found this site called carbuyingtips.com that talked about what to look for when buying a car including the warranty part. They loved WD and used them as the gold standard for warranties.
In their explaination of how or what the selling company should do for you, it was almost the exact same thing that this sales dude was doing. The coverage and terms were the same for what I am getting as is what WD offers.
Another thing that was a good point about the sales dude I talked to was that he never bashed anyone elses policy even when I tried to lead him in on purpose. This was also a point made on this review site. They stated that a company worth their weight won't bash a competitor because they shouldn't be threatened by them....or something like that.
This review was also making mention that in warranty coverages, you get what you pay for but that buying at a dealer will get you ripped off. Buy from a wholesaler is their suggestion. So I did.
I didn't go with WD and I did go with the Continental coverage, written through the Great American Insurance people.
I started looking up the Easycare people and ended up here instead.
Like the WD people, I have 30 days to bail if I don't like what I get in the mail to review or if I find something very bad that makes me not trust them.