996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

996 RS Mounts??????

Old 04-05-2007, 09:19 AM
ZEMDOGG is on a distinguished road
996 RS Mounts??????

Hey guys I did a search for information regarding changing my motor mounts to RS ones and im a little confused. Is it basically the same mounts and all the hardware form the 993 RS? I pulled it up on the Porsche PET parts system and seems like all I need to do is get 993 RS mounts and hardware and im good to go. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Oh and btw i have to replace them anyway due to very very harsh vibrations at 2K RPM. I guess they wear out after 90K hard hard miles.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
why dont you just put the cup car mounts... talk to your dealer

Old 04-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Cup car mounts? Hmmm Wouldnt those be way too stiff??? The car is also my daily driver. I do have fabspeed bypass pipes and deal fine with that though. I dont think the dealer has access to motorsports parts. I work at Porsche of Orlando and they dont know too much when it comes to mods and upgrades. ; )

Old 04-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
sorry, I tought making it stiff was your intention... talk to the sponsors------>> here. IA, suncoast...they should get you a part number

Old 04-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Well I need to replace my mounts anyway so I figured I would upgrade. Stiff is fine too stiff is not a good idea. Prices for both set ups seem to be the same. I dont want to waste a board sponsors time looking up part numbers if im not going to buy from them(I work here : ) ) Just looking for those part numbers then, from whoever on here actually has done this. Thanks guys!

Old 04-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Kclipse is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p96189.htm

Old 04-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Kclipse
Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p96189.htm
Yes that is them! Im just trying to figure out what the part numbers are because its all factory parts and I can get them through my parts department. I may just go through Carnewal. Thanks!

Old 04-24-2008, 02:10 AM
Dervish is on a distinguished road
Zemdogg, did you ever get the RS motor mounts? About to order them from Carnewal and wondering how you got on with them...

Old 04-24-2008, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by Dervish
Zemdogg, did you ever get the RS motor mounts? About to order them from Carnewal and wondering how you got on with them...

Yeah wow that was awhile ago. old thread!

Yeah Ive had them now for probably over a year. Im very happy with them. Keep in mind though the harmonic vibration from the motor(mostly varioram) will make the car vibrate. With stock mounts you can feel it slightly but with the solid RS it shakes the car.

More solid feel, less movement and better shifting. I say do it!

Old 04-24-2008, 08:54 AM
How much more vibration are we talking, does it get annoying ever? Will it shake my teeth out? haha
Will probably order tomorrow. Surprised more people haven't done this looking at reviews. Is it an easy install? I don't even know where the mounts are...

Old 04-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Dervish
How much more vibration are we talking, does it get annoying ever? Will it shake my teeth out? haha
Will probably order tomorrow. Surprised more people haven't done this looking at reviews. Is it an easy install? I don't even know where the mounts are...
Your talking to a guy who has had no mufflers for over 2 years now!

Im sure its much more noticable on a completely stock car but i dont think its that bad. It only happens at 3000 rpm when the car is decelerating really. I guess it could be slightly annoying at times if your in traffic. I also have a lightweight flywheel and this is probably about the same annoyance factor to me. Your teeth should remain in tact! lol

Instal I think is about an hour or two. I had our techs do it here.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Haha, Ok cool. I think I'm going to do the install myself so if it's too painful on the comfort factor I'll just put the stock one's back in and someone will get a cheap set of RS mounts on ebay...

Old 04-24-2008, 01:01 PM
bgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura about
hard rubber motor mounts

i bought the hard rubber motor mounts from Carnewal last yr when i got X74 suspension. Gert indicated these were a bit more forgiving for steet use with less vibration than the full P93 set up shown in above posts. Email him for more info. I'm pleased with these for daily use.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by bgrpph
i bought the hard rubber motor mounts from Carnewal last yr when i got X74 suspension. Gert indicated these were a bit more forgiving for steet use with less vibration than the full P93 set up shown in above posts. Email him for more info. I'm pleased with these for daily use.
Thanks, I've spoken with Gert and definetely going to go for it...

Old 05-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Installed the RS motor mounts today, replacing the stock mounts (993 part number ??) with RS hard rubber mounts. The hard rubber motor mounts reduce the flex of the drivetrain and provide firmer feedback from the engine and transmission. They have less rubber than stock but still enough to reduce most of the noise and the vibration.

I followed this install from p-car http://p-car.com/diy/motormount/ It's for a 993 but shows you the steps to follow.
A few tips from me are make sure you have a long enough socket extension as the underside nuts are tricky to reach. Also, the socket itself needs to be fairly deep as the bolt screws through the nut quite far. (I got around this by using the wheel nut socket found in the Porsche tool kit) You will have to remove the airbox and emission pump to gain access to the mounts. The instructions call for 2 people at one stage, one to hold the top nut as you tighten and torque the lower one. I got round this by having long arms and using a spanner on the top nut.

Ok, pics.
STOCK MOUNTS

RS MOTOR MOUNTS

Comparing the single piece stock mount with the RS parts (1 side only)

I haven't really had a chance for a proper drive yet but started her up and there is slightly more vibration throughout the cabin but only marginal. Can't wait for a long drive tomorrow

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 RS Mounts??????