996tt Knowledge Base

Intermittent wiper switch problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 02:17 PM
bushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond repute
Intermittent wiper switch problem

Anyone ever have an intermittent wiper switch fail. Mine works sometimes great...sometimes not so great...Would this be a relay on it's way south? Should this be the problem where is it located and how would one go about testing it? Any input greatly appreciated. Still working the bugs out of a fairly recent purchase.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:26 PM
fpb111 is on a distinguished road
Assuming you have a turbo, the "intermittent" switch may be the rain sensing position. I thought there was something wrong with mine until I realized that it went on shorter intervals when the rain/mist was heavier. I then read the manual and found out everything was working correctly. YMMV

Old 11-30-2016, 12:33 AM
bushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fpb111
Assuming you have a turbo, the "intermittent" switch may be the rain sensing position. I thought there was something wrong with mine until I realized that it went on shorter intervals when the rain/mist was heavier. I then read the manual and found out everything was working correctly. YMMV
It is the turbo....never knew that rain sensing wipers was an option let alone on this car. That's great news, any idea where the sensor is? Will dive into the manual which is in the car...across town at a shop. Thanks!

Old 12-04-2016, 11:17 AM
fpb111 is on a distinguished road
Appears it is an infrared setup behind the rear view mirror mount.

Old 12-04-2016, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by fpb111
Appears it is an infrared setup behind the rear view mirror mount.
Would have never found it, again...thanks