996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: Which Plugs are best for a 650 HP Application?
Bosch FR6 LDC
60.61%
Denso Double Platinum
39.39%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Spark Plugs (The Finale)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:11 AM
cajunairman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MARKSKI
30 lbs.

markski
Thanks!! I'm going to try to get them changed along with some other stuff soon.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:55 AM
ebaker is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by O-Ace
Done and ordered I'm trying to get a hold of a lift.

-Awais
You don't need a lift. With the car on jackstands most of the parts are at eye level if you're sitting.

The OEM plugs have extremely thick side electrodes which may be more resistant to heat. Just a theory though.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:55 PM
wydryd is on a distinguished road
The Platinum plugs fire more reliably/easily, especially under big boost applications and they also have a longer lifespan than your typical copper plugs.

Lots of people are still running the FR6LDC plugs in their modified TT's though, so they are proven to work well too.

I'd say, for a lot of track events, it's probably best to run a colder platinum plug, but for performance street, the FR6's would be fine. It all depends on what you're doing with the car (i.e: street, track, DE's etc). If you run a plug that's too cold and you do a lot of street driving in stop/go traffic, they will foul up pretty quickly and that's where a slightly warmer plug would be better suited.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:01 PM
MGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by wydryd
The Platinum plugs fire more reliably/easily, especially under big boost applications and they also have a longer lifespan than your typical copper plugs.

Lots of people are still running the FR6LDC plugs in their modified TT's though, so they are proven to work well too.

I'd say, for a lot of track events, it's probably best to run a colder platinum plug, but for performance street, the FR6's would be fine. It all depends on what you're doing with the car (i.e: street, track, DE's etc). If you run a plug that's too cold and you do a lot of street driving in stop/go traffic, they will foul up pretty quickly and that's where a slightly warmer plug would be better suited.
Thank-you....question, what is the direct equivalent to a FR6LDC however in a Platinum plug? Cheers

Old 04-24-2007, 10:24 PM
You'd need to contact BOSCH Australia directly to find that out. That's IF you want to stick with a BOSCH solution. Another solution are NGK Iridium IX's (I think BKR6EIX).

I personally run the FR5DTC's in my street 3.3 EFI @ 1.25bar and they seem to be holding up fine so far.

P.S: Nice 996TT

Old 04-26-2007, 01:28 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
I just switched to the Densos . . . car runs better!

Craig

Old 04-26-2007, 01:43 AM
O-Ace will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Craig
I just switched to the Densos . . . car runs better!

Craig
Nice! My car's in the shop right now for the spark plug swap. The stock plugs didn't look so good when he took them out

Old 04-26-2007, 01:47 AM
SallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by wydryd

Why would one choose a platinum over an iridium? Where does iridium fall in that comparison?

Old 04-26-2007, 01:49 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
my tuner has been running Denso plugs.. I have them.... they work fine.
not to say other plugs will not either...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-26-2007, 04:29 AM
910clubs is on a distinguished road
id say get Denso

Old 04-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Whats the exact part # for the Denso. Going to order a set today.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:26 PM
O-Ace will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Powell
Whats the exact part # for the Denso. Going to order a set today.
Denso Double Platinum

Old 04-26-2007, 12:58 PM
evo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the rough
ok im new to the Porsche scene. But let me get this straight, you guys run platinums in a turbo car? that is a big no no in the import world. Please clarify why this is? The cars tuned to them because its a long process to change them or what? I have always ran coppers or iridiums in my Evos or S2000 s/c'd

Old 04-26-2007, 01:15 PM
kayman is on a distinguished road
my dealer just put in beru's when i took the car in for 30k service. If I stay within stage II hp range, do I really need to swap them for bosch?

Old 04-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by MGS996TT
Thank-you....question, what is the direct equivalent to a FR6LDC however in a Platinum plug? Cheers
The FR6DPP22 and the FR6DPP22U are both double platinum plugs - the former has 0.8mm gap, the latter 1.0mm gap.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spark Plugs (The Finale)