997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Porsche technical service online

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 03:13 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Porsche technical service online

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge, but I guess I'll throw it out there. Porsche used to have a technical service site where you could download PDF files containing various chapters of the factory service manual...I think it cost $110 per chapter.

Well, they've changed the sites a little, and here's the new link...

https://techinfo2.porsche.com/PAGInfosystem/VFModuleManager?Type=GVOStart

Once registered, you can view and print (but not download PDFs anymore) various subjects for just a few dollars per subject. It's a little easier on the pocketbook...rather than spending hundreds to thousands for chapters you may not use...you can view by subject for a lower cost.

...and the parts catalog:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/porscheservice/originalparts/originalpartscatalogue/

Anyways...I thought it may be helpful.

Last edited by bbywu; 03-25-2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: updated
Old 05-04-2008, 06:35 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Interesting - I didn't know this existed. Thanks

Old 05-04-2008, 11:36 AM
eyesurg is on a distinguished road
I have downloaded several times for info, works fine.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:54 PM
PbPedis is on a distinguished road
Good find. Thanks for posting it.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:05 AM
maverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond repute
very very helpful, thankyou very much Sir!

Old 04-11-2013, 10:48 AM
alwaysturbos is on a distinguished road
Thanks for sharing

Old 04-15-2013, 09:48 AM
xxaarraa is on a distinguished road
I am trying to sign up and pay for a subscription at the link provided and there is option for selecting "USA" in the country list! If I select "other countries" it is throwing an error when I try to make payment. Anyone find a workaround?

Old 04-23-2013, 12:01 PM
paul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to behold
Same problem

Did you get your error problem straightened out? I am having the same issue >> Incorrect data, verify address and credit card data, try again <<. Have entered all combinations still does not work, no trouble on any other sites. Hmm

Old 04-24-2013, 05:43 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Sorry fellas, not sure why it doesn't work.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:04 PM
paul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to behold
Probably an issue on my end, there is an email contact on the website and I sent an email yesterday for information. Haven't heard back yet. I use the Toyota TIS site quite often, it is a little different and much better and cheaper than Porsche in that you pay so much for a period of time and have total access to all Toyota and Lexus info including tsb's, wiring diagrams, etc. This is my first Porsche so lots to learn.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Finally got the Porsche TIS website to work after a few emails with the "it" people, changes were made and it functions as it should. It will now take CC payments from my end. If you intend on using it make sure you download the Adobe SVG plug-in as it is needed for the pdf files otherwise they will not open. Also do not log off the site until you get copied what you need, once you log off payment is again required.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Nice job.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:03 AM
beyondmars2020 is on a distinguished road
If anybody is still following this, I had the same issue with the Country not accepted during payment (from the US), but I simply changed the country on my profile to Germany and it worked fine.

The real question is - which documents are actually useful?

Old 01-25-2014, 10:20 PM
You can use the database to look up work files that will instruct you to do certain procedures on your vehicle. If you are planning on downloading the entire PDF database, it will cost you a fortune. You should be using it to download files associated with whatever procedure you can't find a DIY for.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:55 AM
Shibeeb has a spectacular aura aboutShibeeb has a spectacular aura aboutShibeeb has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the share

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche technical service online