997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Pics & Review of My Bilstein PSS10 Lowered Red Turbo

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.38 average.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:01 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Turboone
That is sweeeeet, can someone photoshop the wheels in gloss black please and maybe gunmetal?
No need to photoshop. Vic55 posted his on page 2 of this thread;
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...=135474&page=2
I love gunmetal but don't know if anyone on this forum has it. On page 1 of the same thread is Barrister's flat black P43, also very pretty.

Meanwhile, enjoy :

Name:  08AE4869comp1200.jpg
Views: 4020
Size:  121.8 KB

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
08AE4938-7BILSTEINROADBECKONS.jpg (137.7 KB, 3398 views)

Last edited by cannga; 07-17-2022 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:02 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Looks good Can.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:00 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Thanks Mike. Do you still have plan for JRZ coilover?

Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Looks good Can.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:35 AM
07turbo is on a distinguished road
awesome looking car. Love the pics where the sun is setting and there are some street/building lights on in the background.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:48 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Thanks Mike. Do you still have plan for JRZ coilover?
It's here. I just need to install them. I am doing a corner balance and GT3 alignment as well. I probably will add a front strut brace and replace the toe links while I'm at it. It will be done in the next week or so. I'll let you know.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:35 AM
mass is infamous around these parts
Cannga,

What's your opinion on guards red? I'm trying to decide on the color now and red is in the top 3 with white and blue. Did you or others here have a similar internal debate what color to pick (pros and cons) and does anyone regret their decision?

Thanks.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by mass
Cannga,

What's your opinion on guards red? I'm trying to decide on the color now and red is in the top 3 with white and blue. Did you or others here have a similar internal debate what color to pick (pros and cons) and does anyone regret their decision?

Thanks.
Aren't the 2 pictures above convincing enough for you?

Kidding aside, color is a matter of personal preference; there is no right or wrong. Well, except for orange (grin).
For me it's easy, even though red is not a popular color nowadays (a plus to me), my last P was Guards, this one is Guards, and the next one will be Guards!

I ABSOLUTELY love red, addicted to red, and have tremendous fun taking pictures of changing sun light colors on red, so I am afraid any opinion I give will be a little biased.

Name:  08AE3050-PSDirtTextDropShadow1250Co.jpg
Views: 4022
Size:  184.2 KB

Last edited by cannga; 07-11-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Mike,

I would be very interested in your impression of the JRZ system! During my web "research" (LOL) into after-market coilovers, I read many good things about JRZ. Do you have to turn off PASM alarm somehow?

You might want to look into the adjustable Tarett drop links as well, that is if you haven't done so already. http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-...lnk-detail.htm . Based on your extensive past experience with modding , I think you probably already know, but in case not: I believe that when you drop the car, the stock drop links are no longer the correct length and may put load on the anti-sway bars at rest. Especially if the sway bar is of the adjustable type, I think the adjustable length drop-links are important (anyone corrects me if I am wrong).

Who is doing the installation for you if you don't mind sharing? (Mine was done by Lucent.)

My impression after 4 weeks of driving remains the same: Words cannot describe how this Bilstein has totally transformed the feel of this car; the previously ponderous Turbo now feels ferociously quick and is so much more fun to drive. My loathing of the stock car's tendency to squat under acceleration is even more now as I realize how SO FANTASTIC the car feels without it.

It's here. I just need to install them. I am doing a corner balance and GT3 alignment as well. I probably will add a front strut brace and replace the toe links while I'm at it. It will be done in the next week or so. I'll let you know.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:52 AM
Mike,

I would be very interested in your impression of the JRZ system! During my web "research" (LOL) into after-market coilovers, I read many good things about JRZ. Do you have to turn off PASM alarm somehow?

You might want to look into the adjustable Tarett drop links as well, that is if you haven't done so already. http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-...lnk-detail.htm . Based on your extensive past experience with modding , I think you probably already know, but in case not: I believe that when you drop the car, the stock drop links are no longer the correct length and may put load on the anti-sway bars at rest. Especially if the sway bar is of the adjustable type, I think the adjustable length drop-links are important (anyone corrects me if I am wrong).

Who is doing the installation for you if you don't mind sharing? (Mine was done by Lucent.)

My impression after 4 weeks of driving remains the same: Words cannot describe how this Bilstein has totally transformed the feel of this car; the previously ponderous Turbo now feels ferociously quick and is so much more fun to drive. My loathing of the stock car's tendency to squat under acceleration is even more now as I realize how SO FANTASTIC the car feels without it.
Can,

You are correct. Drop link replacement is recommended. The drop links are part of the package. I am getting the PASM turned off as we speak. My car is at Porsche dealer getting that done with some other cosmetic stuff.

My buddy who is the distributor for JRZ will be doing the install. I am going to get it corner balanced and have the alignment done in GT3 spec.

I want to drive it a bit and see the improvement in handling. Then, I will probably get a strut brace installed.

Glad to hear that you really like your Bilstein set up.

Last edited by GotBoost?; 07-15-2008 at 01:55 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:14 PM
OT997 is on a distinguished road
I understand that the drop links help avoid pre-loading the suspension when lowered, what about rear toe control arms? I went to the Tarrett site (v cool btw) and started to look at the other bits including these adjustable rear control arms. I presume like those sold at GMG these would help reduce uneven tire wear wouldn't they by alowing a better camber adjustment when lowered.

Does this make sense?

Old 07-16-2008, 07:50 PM
I am almost too afraid to ask since I could feel another mod coming , but, which strut brace are you using? I assume it helps with the handling by reducing chassis flex? Any potential problem? I notice that that Champion Turbo that got a rave review in Excellence did have a strut brace installed.

Do you happen to know the spring rates of the JRZ?

I have just added the Tarett drop links. It seems to add a bit of noise and harshness.

Can,

You are correct. Drop link replacement is recommended. The drop links are part of the package. I am getting the PASM turned off as we speak. My car is at Porsche dealer getting that done with some other cosmetic stuff.

My buddy who is the distributor for JRZ will be doing the install. I am going to get it corner balanced and have the alignment done in GT3 spec.

I want to drive it a bit and see the improvement in handling. Then, I will probably get a strut brace installed.

Glad to hear that you really like your Bilstein set up.

Last edited by cannga; 07-16-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:12 PM
call-911 is on a distinguished road
Great photos, I just used one as my screen background!

Old 07-16-2008, 08:18 PM
I am almost too afraid to ask since I could feel another mod coming , but, which strut brace are you using? I assume it helps with the handling by reducing chassis flex? Any potential problem? I notice that that Champion Turbo that got a rave review in Excellence did have a strut brace installed.

Do you happen to know the spring rates of the JRZ?

I have just added the Tarett drop links added. It seems to add a bit of noise and harshness.
Can,

I haven't decided on who's strut brace to go with yet. It will definately reduce flex and make a difference on the turn ins. I haven't heard of any problems.

As for the srping rate, I haven't asked. Since JRZ uses Hyper Coil for their springs, it would be interesting.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
that looks amazing.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:40 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Don't waste your money on a strut brace.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.38 average.

Quick Reply: Pics & Review of My Bilstein PSS10 Lowered Red Turbo