997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Pics & Review of My Bilstein PSS10 Lowered Red Turbo

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.38 average.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Dr 330SeeEye OD is on a distinguished road
beautiful car! any more plans with it?

Old 10-15-2008, 02:36 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
I like the Stock Wheels and Suspension better. haha

Looks great as always.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:24 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Hi Doug,

I am asking for real here -- I have zero experience and have not done any research on strut brace yet: No need for strut brace because (as you've mentioned I think?) the stock car already has a brace?

Just to play devil's advocate: That Werks1 car from Champion did have a strut brace. That's why I thought it might be a good idea, particularly since it doesn't cause any harm, other than the $ type.

Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Don't waste your money on a strut brace.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:26 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Jorgeassoc,
Thank you. I really appreciate the comment.

Alpine,
Stock suspension and stock wheel... he he he, very funny. Let me change my signature line.

Originally Posted by Jorgeassoc
that looks amazing.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:29 PM
I also like this one. Taken the first week I had the car I think.

Name:  08AE0905-4.jpg
Views: 1134
Size:  104.7 KB

Old 10-15-2008, 03:40 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cannga
Jorgeassoc,
Thank you. I really appreciate the comment.

Alpine,
Stock suspension and stock wheel... he he he, very funny. Let me change my signature line.
I can change the sig for you. I am super secret hacker..

Keep it stock or its poppycoc*k..

Great shots...The red really pops!

Old 10-15-2008, 03:44 PM
^^^^ & thanks!

Old 10-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Can - I tend to agree with TT Gasman in regards to the strut brace. From past reads and opinions it would be for looks only and hide underneath all the plastic coverings. I heard the factory one doesn't get any better.

You are welcome

Old 10-15-2008, 04:30 PM
PAT J. is just really nicePAT J. is just really nicePAT J. is just really nicePAT J. is just really nice
Thumbs up

welcome to the family. enjoy the ride and nice pic's !!!!

Old 10-15-2008, 04:33 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Hi Doug,

I am asking for real here -- I have zero experience and have not done any research on strut brace yet: No need for strut brace because (as you've mentioned I think?) the stock car already has a brace?

Just to play devil's advocate: That Werks1 car from Champion did have a strut brace. That's why I thought it might be a good idea, particularly since it doesn't cause any harm, other than the $ type.
Can,

Strut braces are really a preference. I haven't done one yet, but it does sharpen up your turn ins a bit from my previous epxeriences.. My JRZ setup is in and just got some sways put on from RSS. We are still playing with the different compression/rebound settings as well as alignment specs. We have base lined it and in the process of tweaking as we go. I must say that I never knew this car could handle like this.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Great! Although I absolutely love the Bilstein PSS10, I would never declare it the "best" because I know there are many other advanced and technologically superior systems out there, like your JRZ. I remain curious of other coilovers.

So the stock car has strut brace already? After-market brace is just stiffer?

Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Can,

Strut braces are really a preference. I haven't done one yet, but it does sharpen up your turn ins a bit from my previous epxeriences.. My JRZ setup is in and just got some sways put on from RSS. We are still playing with the different compression/rebound settings as well as alignment specs. We have base lined it and in the process of tweaking as we go. I must say that I never knew this car could handle like this.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:03 PM
BTW, do the guys at RSS/Stuggart have anything to say about the rear toe control arm and if possible please ask them about it next time you see them?

Of all the suspension components that I've read and asked about, I have rarely run across one that has received more enthusiastic recommendation. Amazingly enough, seemingly unanimous. With very little penalty in NVH supposedly.
http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-...lnk-detail.htm

Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Can,

Old 10-15-2008, 06:08 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Hi Doug,

Can,
The need for strut braces go back to the old air cooled cars, the 993 is the last car that needed one. Those cars were known to flex a lot. As you know the 996 was a clean sheet design, it is significantly stiffer than any air cooled car ever was. The 996 and 997 already have a strut brace, you can't see it buried behind all the plastic. This is the very same brace used in the factory cup race cars. There is no need at all. Do it for looks only if you must. IMO it's for magazine racers and poseurs

Old 10-15-2008, 06:49 PM
^^^ Thanks Doug.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:44 PM
Thanks. Nothing for the time being, but if the Facelift Turbo is as fast as rumored (0-60 3.1 sec ) I will have to do an ECU mod just so I won't feel "deficient" .

For suspension, besides Bilstein, GMG sway w/ Tarett drop link, maybe I'll upgrade the rear toe control arm. I haven't done it because at my level of (amateur) driving, the car is perfect as is.
With the Cargraphic Exhaust and Bilstein supsension mods, this car is a dream comes true for me. Aggressive, agile, corner as if on rails, all a HUGE improvement over stock. And the stupendous power never bores.

I recently had one of those exotic drives where I drove a Ferrari F430, Lambo Gallardo, and Ford GT40. While I would absolutely love to have any of those fantastic cars, as a daily driver, the Turbo has no match, particularly with respect to driving position, chassis and road feedback, and brake (I have PCCB).

Originally Posted by Dr 330SeeEye OD
beautiful car! any more plans with it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.38 average.

Quick Reply: Pics & Review of My Bilstein PSS10 Lowered Red Turbo