997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997tt production numbers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 07:45 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
997tt production numbers?

I tried searching the boards, and I didnt find much... I wanted to know about the 997 turbo production numbers. The reason I ask is because I have been seeing a lot of these cars on the street around my town. I see about 5-10 a month, especially in the last few months. Also, I recall about 5 or so that I have seen more then once. Werid because I have only seen 1 of the new (e92)M3s around me period, and I figured the 997tt was much more exclusive (#'s wise).

Thoughts?

Old 08-14-2008, 07:26 PM
No responses? Anyone with comments?

Or am I just getting lucky with seeing all the turbos around?

Old 08-14-2008, 07:37 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
I'm curious as well. But I have no information, sorry.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:58 PM
skyytek is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CJPatel
I tried searching the boards, and I didnt find much... I wanted to know about the 997 turbo production numbers. The reason I ask is because I have been seeing a lot of these cars on the street around my town. I see about 5-10 a month, especially in the last few months. Also, I recall about 5 or so that I have seen more then once. Werid because I have only seen 1 of the new (e92)M3s around me period, and I figured the 997tt was much more exclusive (#'s wise).

Thoughts?
I live in your area as you know. I purchased one. a friend of mine purchased one and a acquaintance of mine did. So thats 3 I know in the last 6 weeks. mine is black, one is white and the other one yellow. I have also seen a grey one and another black one around. I normally see around 5 a month. But this area does seem a p-car area. I see loads of cayennes, caymans and carerra's around. - but then thats probably because I notice them more now as well.

Last edited by skyytek; 08-14-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:16 PM
I know you live right near my skytek, we talked about this, you work about 1 mile from my house. But is your friend with the white one the one with the amazing HRE wheels on it? I see him parked in Newark all the time, out in front of grottos and even on Amstel Ave, (all the UD classrooms).

But yeah I see that amount and then some, but I don't think I've seen any black ones, next time I do see a black one I'll wave to ya!

Also, hm I could see how you say its a P-car area since you own three!, but its more of a BMW/Benz area, but my point was I never ever see any E92 M3s around here!

Brnsrgn: since your getting yours built right now why not call your salesmen up and ask him for us

Old 08-14-2008, 08:27 PM
I know you live right near my skytek, we talked about this, you work about 1 mile from my house. But is your friend with the white one the one with the amazing HRE wheels on it? I see him parked in Newark all the time, out in front of grottos and even on Amstel Ave, (all the UD classrooms).

But yeah I see that amount and then some, but I don't think I've seen any black ones, next time I do see a black one I'll wave to ya!

Also, hm I could see how you say its a P-car area since you own three!, but its more of a BMW/Benz area, but my point was I never ever see any E92 M3s around here!

Brnsrgn: since your getting yours built right now why not call your salesmen up and ask him for us
nope - my friend has stock wheels like me. I have seen that one too come to think of it in newark. There is also a gorgeous white one around - very highly spec'd - blue interior. It was one that I had on test drive (for a weekend) over last xmas - someone ended up buying it I guess.

yes - lots of bmws etc around here - your correct. but I seriously see a lot of pcars around - or so it seems - but then its probably because I have 3 :-)

I have only seen 2 or 3 e92 m3's in the last 6mths. see more around chaddsford though - probably due to the proximity to ottos dealership. I have actually seen more m5's and m6's - which is surprising.

Last edited by skyytek; 08-14-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:40 PM
you're absloutely right, I see more M5's and 6s. Ive only seen one E92M3 in northern DE, not counting the 2 in stock at the stealership.

But what's sick is that they gave you a 997tt for a weekend!? I want to just test drive one for 10 mins, just to see how it drives. I feel its pointless going to the dealership, I prob wont buy new nor am I ready to buy until about next March or April.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:15 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I am still checking PCNA for 2008 but 2007 production numbers were 3,200. 2008 will be less than 2007. The 997 TT "S" should be less than 500 cars.

Last edited by robertp; 08-15-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:48 PM
you're absloutely right, I see more M5's and 6s. Ive only seen one E92M3 in northern DE, not counting the 2 in stock at the stealership.

But what's sick is that they gave you a 997tt for a weekend!? I want to just test drive one for 10 mins, just to see how it drives. I feel its pointless going to the dealership, I prob wont buy new nor am I ready to buy until about next March or April.
Actually - I had actually bought it (long story) - but it was on a lease and found out 2 days later that I was going to be away for 6mths. I have a good relationship with the dealer since I have bought a few cars from them. They took it back and reversed the purchase out. Fortunately the paperword (due to xmas) was not submitted so it was easy to do. I did buy 2 more cars from them after that - so the favor cuts both ways I guess.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:33 PM
The 3200 were only for North America or world? ps. thanks

wow real nice of them! good deal... Who's your sales guy there?

Old 08-18-2008, 05:02 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
That is total production numbers. Around 65% are North America bound.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:12 PM
golfguy is on a distinguished road
from porsche's 2007 annual report http://www.porsche.com/filestore.asp...letype=default

"The growth rate of the 911 was impressive. With an
8.8 percent increase to 37,415 vehicles (previous
year: 34,386), the 911 once again set a new record.
The 911 Turbo which was available for the first full
fiscal year played a key role in this success story
with 7,777 vehicles sold."

Old 08-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by golfguy
from porsche's 2007 annual report http://www.porsche.com/filestore.asp...letype=default

"The growth rate of the 911 was impressive. With an
8.8 percent increase to 37,415 vehicles (previous
year: 34,386), the 911 once again set a new record.
The 911 Turbo which was available for the first full
fiscal year played a key role in this success story
with 7,777 vehicles sold."
I will check to see if the 3200 number was a North America Number. My source said total production but it could have been a missprint.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:35 AM
golfguy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by robertp
I will check to see if the 3200 number was a North America Number. My source said total production but it could have been a missprint.
3200 is definitely north american sales. I had a thread on another forum with information on turbo sales; my estimates were 2,800 turbos sold in North America based on Porsche's Jan/07 original guidance of 36,000 total 911 sales worldwide (see below) for fiscal year 2007.

"In the current year of business the Company's successful development is borne out by the two series of sports cars. Sales of the 911 model series alone are expected to reach 36,000 units, among them some 6,000 Turbos. The model mix shows a clear preference in the market for high-priced models."

There's the thread to my original thread if you need more details: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ighlight=turbo

Last edited by golfguy; 08-19-2008 at 07:37 AM. Reason: added link
Old 08-21-2008, 09:28 PM
thanks, thats still alot 6k for the Turbo.