997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dynamic Motoring - Hey Shane you can run but you can't hide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 11:36 AM
OT997 is on a distinguished road
Angry Dynamic Motoring - Hey Shane you can run but you can't hide

In May I was approached by PM on this board by Shane Kent "Dynamic Motoring" asking if I had done any mods yet to my TT. He was representing Tym Switzer (no longer). I was interested and got in touch with Tym to discuss the performance upgrade and to also confirm the legitimacy of Dynamic Motoring. I was interested in Tym's Stage II upgrade as well as HREs, caps and tires. Tym offered to process the entire order through him but I felt that since Shane had contacted me it was only fair to process the order through him and not screw his then rep.

After many failed attempts at processing my order and undue delays I finally received and have since installed all of the SPI kit , but have not yet received my mounted tires on my 20" brushed aluminum P40 wheels w Ralph Boothe caps. The order for the wheels and payment was made in June. Apparently Shane had bought them through another authorized reseller and when he received the wheels (in order to mount the tires and TPMS prior to shipping to me) one wheel had apparently been damaged in transit and needed to be re-manufactured. According to HRE and the authorized reseller that wheel has been made and shipped to Shane.

My last contact with Shane was Monday the 25th of August when he assured me that the wheels would ship ASAP any day now. Well it's two weeks later and still no wheels. BUT what's more alarming is that I can no longer get through with email (bounces) or phone (rings with no answer) and he has not replied to a PM sent to him on this board Monday. I have gotten great help with background info from HRE and from SPI but I have had no luck in tracking Shane down and so I'm resorting to the power of the boards to see if 1) I can't get Shane to respond and complete the transaction or 2), make sure no one else on this board ends up getting screwed as well.

Sooooooo, Shane where the are my wheels??? I know you're reading this since you started a thread on this board regarding the black gt2 two days ago. I am about to call my credit card company and reverse the transaction if I don't hear back in 24 hrs.

Hey Shane in case you think you can hide from your obligations, I've now done more research and know you're the same guy that was sued by the Associated Bank in Eau Claire for $5,129.48 in Nov 2006. I was speaking to the attorney (John C.) that represented the bank that sued you and he's interested in helping me and the bank that he represents out. Imagine that! WORD OF ADVICE SHANE: YOU'D BETTER CONTACT ME ASAP OTHERWISE YOU'LL SEE ME ON THE DOORSTEP OF 3714 ANDERSON DR.

Final note: Did any of you guys on this board recently buy my wheels, caps, PS2s and TPMS from Shane !

Old 09-10-2008, 11:48 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Holy **** Batman!

Old 09-10-2008, 12:00 PM
turbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud of
Yeah, I recently got a private message from Shane offering to give me good deal on some HRE P40 wheels. He saw my avatar and noticed that I still had the stock wheels on my recently purchased TT. I didn't get back to him since I got interrupted by hurricane Gustav. After hearing your story, I think I'll just steer clear of Dynamic Motoring. Thanks for the timely heads up.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:00 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Wow. He solicited you trough PM's?

Old 09-10-2008, 12:06 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
**** , theres other palces where you can get wheels from. call your credit card company and reverse the charge and go somewhere else. skrew him.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
I too, have received PMs from Shane in regards to parts for our 997TT and E63...
wasnt interested

Old 09-10-2008, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Stories like this bother the hell out of me.

I'm baffled that guys like that still manage to sell wheels, but companies like us have a hard time moving them. I don't get it.

I'll be honest, wheels have never been a big seller for us.

For the record, we are an authorized HRE dealer that's been around for over 15 years and we don't do stuff like what you just read.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:12 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Will all of you guys that have been solicited by Dynamic Motoring trough PM's please send me a PM? I am sure he is not hiding as he is currently online.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:19 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
I was also contacted by him via PM - not only hear but also on MBworld. Even though my sig. pic is the same he didn't realize I was the same guy

What kind of pissed me off was the way he went about in contacting me. It was after I had posted some pics of my car in a thread and I got a PM from him saying something like "hey, nice car any plans on doing any mods?" In my mind he clearly feigned interest in my car in order to get me to respond. Like i'm sure many here do, when I get a PM from someone asking about the car/thoughts etc. I reply - because it's the right thing to do.

Once I replied that I was considering springs (at the time) I got a PM back saying he was a dealer and could "hook me up".

Two days later I got the same crap over on MBworld - I contacted one of the mods there and he was shut down.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:20 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
sorry to hear about your wheels. i feel your frustration. while i have no experience with the company that you're referring to, it's always terribly frustrating when you purchase new mods for your car and they take forever to come in, or you have your car at the shop and it takes 1000X longer than expected due to error on someone elses end. they either forgot to order a part, they forgot to do something that you had requested, etc. then it's the not calling you back when it's taking longer than expected, etc. i've experienced the same thing time and again through my year and a half owning 2 pcars from a few different shops.

i have to be thankful for the places to do treat their customers in a professional manner. it makes all of the difference in the world. especially since many of their customers come to them by word of mouth.

good luck with everything. i hope it all works out for you.

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 09-10-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Secure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud of
This should get interesting. I hope you both get what you have coming to you.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:12 PM
BDPorsche is on a distinguished road
Wow!! I am a 996'er, but I noticed this thread, read it and I can not believe someone would have the ***** to do that... Good Luck OT997!!

Old 09-10-2008, 01:19 PM
OT997 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
I am sure he is not hiding as he is currently online.
Yeah I saw that as well... but he is still hiding from me as he couldn't bring himself to immediately PM or phone me when he read my post. I guess my suspicions were unfortunately right...

BTW great support and PMs from a lot of you out there offering to help (and sell me a new set ), and that makes me feel great about this board. Again a shout out to HRE, WB and to Switzer who have been real pros in trying to help me out.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:02 PM
black430 is an unknown quantity at this point
Pathological liar... He also claimed to once own AllanLambo (TT 1005HP Gallardo)'s old Diablo. False. he got called out on it on LamboPower and stumbled over his own words and lies. This should get interesting.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:31 PM
turbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant future
What a ******!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dynamic Motoring - Hey Shane you can run but you can't hide