997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

eibach sport spring rates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 09:40 PM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
eibach sport spring rates

so i am still looking around for different options, and i know the bilstein damptronics r way to go, but i noticed eibach us has sport springs for 997 turbo, and i know somenbody mentioned here on the forum that they dont make it for turbo. has any body tried these springs out?

I called eibach and here are the specs for the springs, these should be close to gmg springs?

part # 7220.140
drop is . 8 inches
progressive f/r

F
19/34 nm
168/300 in/lbs

R
52 /90 nm
460/796 in/lbs

some food for thoughts.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Banned
Neeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the rough
Im selling some used techart springs...I believe they are made by eibach..correct me if Im wrong.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:52 AM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Spring's

I had to remove my GMG since I have a driveway angle problem at my other house...

My car is not the same with the stock spring's, Iam waiting to decide if Iam going to install them on my new C4S...

The ride is 50 % better and the handling is awesome with the GMG...

GMG

Best money I spent was on this Mod..

Gee-Bee

Old 01-14-2009, 09:00 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
That's the only problem with springs and coilovers, scraping the drive way IMO. Even though my car is no lower than my old 996 with RoW M030, it scrapes more. But, my stock springs scraped too, these cars have such a long front overhang they are a setup for scraping.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:17 AM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up ?

I have no problem with doing a angle when going in & out of the driveway now with stock height , If I were going to keep this TT I would probly go with the Cargraphic system ...

I think a new aftermarket lip that was 3/4 shorter height with a 3' tall rubber/silicone scraper seal on the bottom would be the best for these TT's

I would copy the mounting tab's on the stock OEM lip and then make a plug in type ( umbrella Type )seal that could be popped in place

Gee-Bee

We used to do this back in the late 70's on the Chastan kit's on various RS car's

Old 01-14-2009, 09:36 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
I'm almost sure Eibach makes the Techart springs as well, BUT I think they are wound a bit more stiff than their Sport Springs are. H&R is also a bit stiffer than Eibach. My experience of late has been that the Eibach kits drop closer to what they say they will.

Both make a great kit, but neither will give out spring rates or they will have to shoot you.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 01-14-2009, 10:41 AM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
I'm almost sure Eibach makes the Techart springs as well, BUT I think they are wound a bit more stiff than their Sport Springs are. H&R is also a bit stiffer than Eibach. My experience of late has been that the Eibach kits drop closer to what they say they will.

Both make a great kit, but neither will give out spring rates or they will have to shoot you.
eibach did give me their spring rates above in my post , they wouldnt give me gmg or techart rates, it should be close? and lot cheaper

Old 01-14-2009, 11:51 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Good job!!! I've made many phone calls and searched numerous posts, and this is the first time I see a manufacturer other than Bilstein releasing their specs for 997 after-market spring. Like someone said above, manufacturers/distributors almost act like they'll have to terminate you if they tell you the spring rates (and I understand).

It's unfortunate really -- we then have to make a decision between springs without the most basic of information. What's left is test drive, which is near impossible. So what's really left is someone else's opinion, or hearsay and rumor. (Interesting that Damon mentions H&R is stiffer than Eibach; I've heard of a well-spread rumor that H&R is softer than stock and have always been suspicious of that.)

A reason, minor perhaps, to go with a coilover set like KW or Bilstein -- no secret. Anyway, very interesting and pretty stiff "end" rates for the Eibach progressive spring.

Originally Posted by cgng30
so i am still looking around for different options, and i know the bilstein damptronics r way to go, but i noticed eibach us has sport springs for 997 turbo, and i know somenbody mentioned here on the forum that they dont make it for turbo. has any body tried these springs out?

I called eibach and here are the specs for the springs, these should be close to gmg springs?

part # 7220.140
drop is . 8 inches
progressive f/r

F
19/34 nm
168/300 in/lbs

R
52 /90 nm
460/796 in/lbs

some food for thoughts.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Former Vendor
KrafTechnik will become famous soon enoughKrafTechnik will become famous soon enough
I'm pretty sure they didn't intend for the info to be posted on the forums

Regardless, I too am a big proponent of Bilsteins as I mentioned earlier this morning... Though on a non-PASM car I would probably go with KW's just because they are a more aggressive / flexible setup. I'm also surpised to see such a following for Eibach - we sell H&R 9 times out of 10

Old 01-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by KrafTechnik
I'm pretty sure they didn't intend for the info to be posted on the forums

Regardless, I too am a big proponent of Bilsteins as I mentioned earlier this morning... Though on a non-PASM car I would probably go with KW's just because they are a more aggressive / flexible setup. I'm also surpised to see such a following for Eibach - we sell H&R 9 times out of 10
you sell 9 out of 10 h&r verses what esle, i see you only sell h&r springs

Old 01-14-2009, 02:47 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !

part # 7220.140
drop is . 8 inches
progressive f/r

F
19/34 nm
168/300 in/lbs

R
52 /90 nm
460/796 in/lbs

some food for thoughts.
I've got a set of Cargraphic springs made by h&r I would sell if you are interested.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:16 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Good job!!! I've made many phone calls and searched numerous posts, and this is the first time I see a manufacturer other than Bilstein releasing their specs for 997 after-market spring. Like someone said above, manufacturers/distributors almost act like they'll have to terminate you if they tell you the spring rates (and I understand).
Amen!

With all the buzz-words and hype aside...a huge part of the deicision has to do with spring rates, the dampers and objective numbers. How can anyone decide which is a "stiffer" spring if you have no idea what the spring rates are?

Even more laughable are comments like:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/2192559-post10.html

Best answer? (although it's probably overkill) Moton CS - and pick your own race springs and rates.

Last edited by bbywu; 01-14-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:12 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Amen!

With all the buzz-words and hype aside...a huge part of the deicision has to do with spring rates, the dampers and objective numbers. How can anyone decide which is a "stiffer" spring if you have no idea what the spring rates are?

Even more laughable are comments like:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/2192559-post10.html

Best answer? (although it's probably overkill) Moton CS - and pick your own race springs and rates.
I agree. It's kind of stupid that they don't tell the consumer vital information to which to make a decision on. Spend a little more and go with some coilovers that give you a choice of srping rates. It's very well worth it.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
eibach did give me their spring rates above in my post , they wouldnt give me gmg or techart rates, it should be close? and lot cheaper

Gentleman

Just wanted to clarify a few questions..

Both GMG and Techart use Eibach as our spring manufacturers. The spring material ( grade of wire) spring rates and spring design that we use are completely different than what Eibach uses for the general market.

The GMG WC springs are wound to our specification these are not rebranded springs like other manufactures use. Techarts design is exclusive to them just the same.

Our springs have been tested and tuned to the dampers in both sport and non sport modes to be comfortable, compliant and improve performance of the vehicle throughout the dampers range of stroke..

We have tested several other manufactures spring rates and have found that most of them actually use a softer spring rate than stock to achieve the lowered ride height. From over 8 different tuner and spring mnaufactures that we tested. The only springs that offered a stiffer spring rate throughout the complete range of compression were in fact the Techart springs..

Just an fyi...

Old 01-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Gentleman

Just wanted to clarify a few questions..

Both GMG and Techart use Eibach as our spring manufacturers. The spring material ( grade of wire) spring rates and spring design that we use are completely different than what Eibach uses for the general market.

The GMG WC springs are wound to our specification these are not rebranded springs like other manufactures use. Techarts design is exclusive to them just the same.

Our springs have been tested and tuned to the dampers in both sport and non sport modes to be comfortable, compliant and improve performance of the vehicle throughout the dampers range of stroke..

We have tested several other manufactures spring rates and have found that most of them actually use a softer spring rate than stock to achieve the lowered ride height. From over 8 different tuner and spring mnaufactures that we tested. The only springs that offered a stiffer spring rate throughout the complete range of compression were in fact the Techart springs..

Just an fyi...
fabryce
i understand that your springs rates are per your specs, but different spring material ? who makes that call gmg or eibach, and even so what is the difference in the material used for gmg springs and whats the advantage verses general market eibach springs, i always though it was only the spring rates that were different, and what exactly do you mean by stepless progressive springs, progressive is progressive?

also i know you refered one time that H&R were softer springs then stock, i am hearing opposite of that, i would say if the H&R springs are sofer then performance will suffer , which me and you agree, but contrary to that H&R/champion springs etc got good reviews on the performance side in magazines?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: eibach sport spring rates